The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is all set to conduct the Phase 1 Grade A exam tomorrow, February 20, for the post of Assistant Manager in General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Research Stream, and Official Language Stream. The call letter for the exam was released on February 08, and candidates can find the exam timings on it. The exam is to be conducted in the online mode as a computer-based test. There are a total of 120 vacancies that will be filled through the exam across the mentioned categories.
SEBI Grade A Phase 1 exam pattern
There are 2 papers in the exam- Paper 1 (All Streams) and Paper 2 (Specific stream). The total duration of Phase 1 is 60 minutes for a total of 100 marks. Whereas Paper 2 General and Research stream will be for 40 minutes and a total of 100 marks. IT stream will be held for a total of 100 marks, and a duration of 180 minutes. Each paper consists of a few sections, each of which has a cut-off percentage. In Phase 3, there will be an interview round.
There is a negative marking of 1/4th mark assigned to the question, in case the candidate marks a wrong answer. All questions are of MCQ type. Candidates can find the sample questions on the official website sebi.gov.in.
SEBI Phase 1 exam Results
To qualify the exam, the candidates have to score an aggregate percentage of 40% marks or more. Further, they will have to qualify the section-wise cut-offs too. Paper 1 has a cut-off percentage of 30% and for Paper 2, it is 40%. Paper 1 will occupy a weightage of 1/3rd of the marks, while Paper 2 has a weightage of 2/3rd.
Speculating from last years’ trends, it is expected that the results of the Phase 1 exam will be declared by the end of February itself. Candidates who qualify the exam will have to appear for the Phase 2 exam, which will be held on March 20, 2022. The Phase 2 exam will also be conducted online. Here, candidates must note that the Paper 2 of Phase II of the Information Technology Stream will not be held on the same day, it will instead be conducted on April 03, 2022. Candidates qualifying the Phase 2 exam will be called up for an Interview.
Last day prep tips
Since the exam is in less than a day, the candidates have to decide on their priorities and take the exam with calm and composure.
- The first priority on the exam day is to be ready for the exam. Make sure that the important documents are kept ready and that you are familiar with the exam centre location. Also, install and signup on the AarogyaSetu app, as it is mandatory to show the AarogyaSetu status to secure entry into the exam centre.
- Moving on to the exam preparation, it is advised that candidates do not take up any new concepts at this time. It might seem like an attractive option, to cover a topic and secure 1 or 2 marks, but given the stress the candidates are under, it might end up demotivating the candidates. So, believe that you have prepared well and what you have prepared is enough.
- Take these few hours to revise the important points and formulas. Also, if you have covered any difficult concepts already, take the help of YouTube or other websites to strengthen your clarity on the concept.
- Many candidates give more importance to Paper 2. But do not restrict your revision to Paper 2 only. Remember that Paper 1 has one-third weightage and more importantly, it has a prescribed cut-off mark, which the candidates have to pass. Therefore, give due importance to Paper 1 too.
- Finally, go through your exam strategy, which you have prepared by attempting mock tests and analysing question papers. This will help the candidates to manage the time effectively and also relieve the exam hall pressure.