The Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) has come up with certain updates regarding the Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test (JTET) Examination 2022. A meeting was held on February 10, 2022, during which the committee decided to make several changes.
Candidates belonging to the “General” caste category must now pass their matriculation (10th) and inter examination (12th) from the state of Jharkhand in order to be eligible to appear for the JTET 2022. Candidates belonging to other xategories have been exempted from this criterion.
As per the meeting, various other decisions and regulations were made by the Cabinet regarding the JTET examination, which are as follows –
- Subjects like “Accountancy”, “Business Study” and “Studies of Commerce” were introduced in the JTET curriculum. Along with this, “Social Studies” is also added.
- Candidates appearing for teaching under the post of Urdu assistant teacher will have to answer 25 questions framed in both, Urdu and English.
- The JTET time limit has been increased from 150 minutes (two and a half hours) to 180 minutes (three hours).
- Validity of JTET certificate is for lifetime. This means, once candidates gives the JTET examination, his/her score and certificate will be valid for lifetime. Candidates who had appeared between 2013 and 2016 will also be a part of this.
- It is mandatory for “General” category students to score at least 60 percent marks to pass the JTET examination.
- Candidates of SC/ST? Divyang category will have to score at least 50 percent to pass.
- Similarly, candidates belonging to Backward Classes, Other Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections will have to secure 55 percent marks.
All these provisions have been made under the Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test (Amendment) Rules 2022. It was approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Thursday. 63 proposals were cleared in the meeting.