The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the examination dates for the Specialist Officers (SO) recruitment exam. As per the schedule, the preliminary examination will take place on December 24 and 31, 2022. This will then be followed by the Main examination that is going to be conducted on January 29, 2023. The entire registration process for the recruitment will be via the online mode. There will be a single registration window for both preliminary and main examinations wherever it is applicable.
So far, the detailed notification about IBPS SO 2022 has not been released yet. In the meantime, interested candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website ibps.in for all updates. As per the specifications provided in the official advertisement, candidates will be required to upload certain documents. These documents are listed below.
- Candidate’s photograph
- Thumb impression
- Scanned copy of handwritten declaration as per the format
These documents have to be in the ‘jpeg’ format with different file sizes. The photograph and thumb impression must be between 20 KB to 50 KB while the signature needs to be between 10 KB to 20 KB. On the other hand, the declaration document has to be between 50 KB to 100 KB.
IBPS SO 2022: Syllabus
There will be three stages for the IBPS SO examination. The first stage is the preliminary round after which there will be the main and interview rounds. In the preliminary examination, there will be four subjects namely English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. Some important topics that will be required for these subjects are:
- English Language – Reading comprehension, vocabulary, error identification, papa substitution, spelling check, para jumble, synonyms and antonyms, sentence completion, etc.
- Reasoning Ability – Alphabet and numbers, syllogism and analogies, blood relations, odd one out, assertion and reason, analytical reasoning, coded inequalities, statement and conclusion, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Number system and simplification, decimal fraction and simplification, percentage, mensuration, speed and distance, permutation and combination, probability, etc.
- General Awareness – Banking awareness, current affairs, currencies, important places, awards, sports, folk dances, abbreviations, headquarters, etc.
IBPS SO 2022: Exam Pattern
The examination will be conducted in the online mode. The question paper will be set in two languages: English and Hindi. Candidates will get a duration of 02 hours to complete the exam. A total of 150 MCQs will be asked. However, the sections will be different depending on the post applied for. Every incorrect answer will attract a deduction of 1/4th marks.