Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to release the official notification for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2021 today, June 21, 2021. The notification and thereafter, the registration form shall be published on the official website ctet.nic.in.
Although there were rumours earlier that the CTET 2021 exam date may be postponed due to the pandemic, CBSE is yet to give any such confirmation. Candidates who are interested in applying for the CTET 2021 examination must bear in mind that once the notification is out, the official dates of application, exam date etc. will be known. As per reports, the application process is expected to begin in July 2021. Till then, candidates are advised to visit the official website consistently to get their queries resolved.
This year, the second wave of coronavirus wreaked havoc be it the education or recruitment sector, forcing recruitment institutes, and colleges to postpone or cancel various exams. However, now that the condition is stabilising in the country, s per reports, CTET 2021 might just be conducted in August or September 2021.
CTET 2021 Eligibility
The CBSE will notify the updated CTET 2021 eligibility criteria with the release of the official notification. Based on previous year information brochure of the CTET exam, one must fulfil the following conditions to appear in the exam.
CTET Eligibility for Paper 1
- Candidates who have passed graduation with at least 50% marks and completed B.Ed degree.
- Those who have passed Class 12 with at least 50% marks and have passed/appearing in finals of 2 yr D.El.Ed/4 yr B.El.Ed/2 Yr D.Ed (Spl Ed.).
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks and have passed/appearing in final year of 2 yr D.El.Ed as per NCTE regulations.
CTET Eligibility for Paper 2
- Graduate candidates passed/appearing in final year of 2 yr D.El.Ed.
- Graduate candidates (with at least 50% marks) and passed/appearing in final year of 1 yr B.Ed/1 yr B.Ed (Spl Ed.).
- Graduate candidates (with at least 45% marks) and passed/appearing in final year of 1 yr B.Ed as per NCTE norms.
- Class 12 pass candidates (with at least 50% marks) and passed/appearing in final year of 4 yr B.El.Ed/4-yr BA/B.Sc Ed or BA Ed / B.Sc Ed.
How to Apply For CTET 2021?
The application process of CTET is hosted on the official website ctet.nic.in only. Candidates have to follow the simple steps given below to apply.
- Open the website ctet.ni.in and click on the link to apply for CTET 2021.
- Complete the registration process.
- Login with the login credentials generated after successful login.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload scanned documents.
- Pay the fees.
- Submit the application form.
Qualifying through CTET 2021
Candidates who qualify through the CTET 2021 examination can apply for the teacher’s post at various schools coming under the ambit of CBSE. These schools include Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, etc. CBSE has also specified the eligibility criteria to apply for the CTET.
The Ministry of Education had previously, extended the validity of the Teacher Eligibility Test certificate from seven years to a lifetime. This indeed, was an important step taken by the government to increase employment opportunities for candidates who wish to pursue a long term career in the teaching field. Revalidation of certificates for those who had completed 7 years would subsequently, take place for all candidates within their respective states/UTs.