The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be releasing the official notification for the Civil Services Examination (CSE) on February 02, 2022. Interested candidates should keep an eye on the official website upsc.gov.in on the stipulated date to check the notification as and when it is released. The application process will also begin on the same day and continue till February 22, 2022.
As per the latest examination plan for 2022, the preliminary exam for UPSC CSE 2022 will be conducted on June 05, 2022. It will be held only for one day and candidates qualifying for prelims will be eligible to appear for the main exam.
In the meantime, until the notification is officially out, aspirants can start devising a 4-month plan which will be helpful in the preparation. For that, here are some tips and strategies that they can adopt. However, this plan should also take into consideration the main exam strategy as well.
February and March
1. Go for a full-length answer writing mock test once a week. This should be specifically done in January, February and March 2022. Candidates can also attempt mock tests for the prelims part as well.
2. Utilize this time to complete the optional paper. However, soon after completing it, the candidate should take at least one revision. If one is aiming for a score around 300-350, then four to five revisions are necessary.
3. Read the monthly magazines that are available for Current Affairs. Those who have already done a sequential preparation so far can cover the remaining ones from the main portion. On the other hand, if candidates have not leveled up yet, then they collect resources and materials for topics such as internal security, disaster management, etc.
4. No matter what, during this period, candidates have to complete the major subjects like Polity, History, Economy, Geography and Environment.
Also Read – UPSC Mains 2021 Essay Paper, Questions, Analysis
April and May
1. In the last two months, i.e. April and May 2022; the preparation for prelims should expedite. During this time, it becomes important to shift one’s focus to Current Affairs. Aspirants can go through the PT 365 book and brush up on whatever they have left behind.
2. Weekly and monthly revisions are mandatory to ace UPSC CSE 2022. During this time, candidates have to revise whatever they have studied so far. They have to store them in their minds in a sequenced way.
3. Attempt at least two mock tests in a week. If one has left behind any important topic, then they should cover them during this time. For enhanced preparation, going through the previous years’ question papers will help in knowing what is important and required for Polity, History, and Geography.