Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC civil services prelims admit card 2021 on the official website, upsc.gov.in. The UPSC CSE preliminary exam is scheduled for October 10, 2021. Candidates can use their registration number or roll number to download the UPSC CSE 2021 admit card. The UPSC 2021 examination is going to be held in two sessions, morning and afternoon.
UPSC CSE preliminary examination is an offline test conducted for a duration of 4 hours, 2 hours for each paper There are two papers in the exam i.e. paper 1 general studies and paper 2, aptitude. Each paper will account for 200 marks and the questions asked in the exam will be MCQ-based. Paper 2 is a qualifying paper and the candidates need to score at least 33% marks in the same to successfully qualify it.
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned in the space below to download the UPSC admit card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Find and click the admit card link on the homepage
Step 3: Then, click the e-admit card for various UPSC exam links
Step 4: Thereafter, click on the download option available on the next page
Step 5: After this, agree to the instructions mentioned and proceed, on the next page enter your registration number or roll number to download the admit card
Step 5: Go through the UPSC admit card and save a copy of the same for future reference
For those candidates who have lost or forgotten their RID, the option to retrieve the same is available. The candidates need to simply click on forgot RID button and then enter their name, parent’s name, date of birth, and captcha code. The registration number and roll number will be displayed on the next page and they can save a copy of the same.
The commission has also released a set of instructions that candidates need to abide by while going for the UPSC CSE 2021 exam:
- The candidate have to bring the e-Admit Card along with a valid id proof as mentioned in the admit card and two passport size photographs for each session. They are also required to preserve their admit cards till the final results are declared.
- They need to mention the candidate’s name, roll number, registration id, name and year of exam on the UPSC correspondence.
- For those candidates, who are taking the help of a scribe a seperate admit card for the scribe as well will be notified and they need to take the same with them.
- The candidates have to follow all the social distancing norms in the exam hall, they are also required to carry their own stuff like 50 ml transparent sanitiser bottle etc to the exam hall.
- Only normal watch is allowed in the exam hall, hence candidates should refrain from wearing smart watch or digital watch in the exam hall
- The exam hall gates will be closed 10 mins before the exam commences, therefore, candidates must reach the exam venue beforehand. The gate closing time for UPSC exam is 9.20 am for morning session and 2.20 pm for afternoon session