Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct the preliminary examination for IBPS SO 2021 recruitment on December 26, 2021. The exam will be held online through the computer-based mode. The admit card will be issued in the first week of December, possibly between 10 to 26, 2021.
The IBPS SO 2021 examination is divided into three phases: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview. The prelims exam will be objective-based and consists of three sections each carrying 125 marks. Moreover, the test will be of 2 hours duration in total wherein 40 minutes are to be allocated to each section.
Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The syllabus categorized into three sections for the posts of Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari are English language, reasoning, and general awareness with a special reference to the banking sector. Whereas the three sections for IT Officers, Agriculture Field Officers, HR/Personnel Officers, and Marketing Officers are English language, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. Students will be provided with five options for each question. Only one of these choices will be correct. Each incorrect answer will be penalized with 1/4 of the overall score.
Currently, the preliminary exam is of qualifying nature. However, as of the latest update, the preliminary exam will be replaced by NRA CET IBPS. The CET will be a common test for all the preliminaries of non-gazetted banking posts (Group B and C).
- How to interact with the exam software – To save the answer for the current question, the candidate must click on ‘Save & Next‘ or click on ‘Mark for Review & Next‘ to save the answer. To select the answer, the candidate must click on the button of one of the options. To deselect the chosen answer, clicking on the ‘Clear Response‘ button shall work. The candidate should not click on any keyboard keys once the test has started because this will disable the test. Candidates will not be allowed to “Finally submit” until they have exhausted the time allotted for the test.
- The date, time, and venue address of the examination shall all be mentioned in the call letter. Candidates are asked to visit the venue one day prior to ascertain its exact location to avoid any last minute hassle on the exam day,
- Candidates are required to mandatorily carry the call letter along with a valid government-issued photo ID card. They are also asked to carry an extra passport-size photograph along with them.
- Candidates are also required to carry a a ball-point pen, ink stamp pad and glue.
- IBPS has further listed certain stringent measures to ensure that the exam is fairly conducted. Any instance where the pattern of responses, including right and wrong answers between two or more sheets are found, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates have also been debarred from carrying any stationary material that would be of no use in the examination. They are also asked not to carry along gadgets of any sort.
- The institute has further provided the SOPs to be followed by all candidates in observance of COVID-19 protocols. These include wearing a face mask, having the Arogya Setu app on phone and carrying sanitizer.
Direct Link to IBPS SO 2021 Sample Paper
In total, IBPS has reported 1828 vacancies for various posts. In order to check the IBPS SO result status, candidates who have appeared for the examination should log in to the official IBPS SO website. The SO prelims results will be released separately for each stage of the recruitment.