The West Bengal Public Service Commission will conduct the WBCS 2021 Preliminary exam on August 22, 2021. Th WBCS admit card 2021 are already released on th official website, Amidst the pandemic, the commission has released a set of guidelines that the candidates must follow while going for the exam. The authorities have also released an official notice citing the details of the special trains that will run to allow the smooth movement of candidates.
According to the latest announcement, the Kolkata Metro Rail authorities will run the Special Metro railway service on the day of the WBCS Preliminary exam. The special train service will commence from 10 AM onwards on Sunday. The candidates who are going to appear for the exam need to show their admit cards and smart cards to the concerned authorities to avail the train service.
The candidates who have their WBCS Preliminary exam on August 22, 2021, need to abide by the following exam day guidelines mentioned below:
- The candidates must download their WBCS Preliminary exam admit card from the official website of the commission and take a neat printout of the same. Along with this, they must also carry 2 copies of the photograph and an original and copy of the id proof.
- The candidates have to follow all the COVID SOPs and guidelines in the exam hall. They must also practice social distancing guidelines, use their own mask and sanitiser for their own safety. The candidates should also avoid sharing anything with their fellow candidates and must carry everything with them.
- Along with this, the candidates can avail the special train as notified by the commission for safe and smooth movement. The candidates need to check their WBCS Prelims admit card to know their reporting time and try to leave for the exam hall at least 1 hour before the exam hall.
- The candidates must refrain from carrying any electronic gadget, calculator, books etc to the exam hall as this may lead to the cancellation of their candidature.
- For revising the tough concepts, the candidates can carry their short notes along with themselves. In this way, they can revise and memorise their important chapters before the examination.
The WBCS Preliminary exam is an offline exam and will have 200 questions based on eight subjects. The major subjects asked in the pre-exam are English Composition, General Science, Indian National Movement, General Mental Ability, Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal, Indian Polity and Economy, Current events of National & International Importance and History of India. Each subject will account for 25 marks and the duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.