The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) has announced the results for West Bengal Higher Secondary Examination (WB HS) 2021. The candidates are required to visit the official websites wbresults.nic.in or wbchse.nic.in for obtaining the result, from 4 pm onwards. The mark sheets will be available on July 23, 2021.
The results for WB HS 2021 for all streams, Arts, Commerce and Science have been declared via a press conference held at Vidyasagar Bhavan, office of WBCHSE at 3 pm today. The results for the examination will be made available online through 9 websites, and 3 SMS services. The results will be available for download from the official website wbresults.nic.in. Whereas the alternate websites where WB HS 2021 results are made available are indiaresults.com, technoindiagroup.com, exametc.com among others.
Dr Mahua Das, President, WBCHSE announced the West Bengal board HS results 2021. She opened the press conference by thanking the WBCHSE board members, Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya, all teachers, and stakeholders for making the result announcement possible under the unique circumstances.
While thanking the good efforts, the President also pointed out mistakes committed by some schools. However, in the best interests of the students, the results of no schools were withheld. WBCHSE has announced results for all schools.
Nevertheless, if there are any discrepancies in results, the board can be contacted within July 26, 2021, 3 pm. In such cases, an expert committee will review the results and take a decision.
Students can check the result online from 4 pm. All students can check their results with their roll numbers.
Heads of institutions need to visit the centres being set up by WBCHSE, to collect marksheet of all their students. The marksheet distribution shall start tomorrow, from July 23, 2021.
WB HS result 2021 statistics are as follows
- Total number of students enrolled – 8,19,202
- Pass percentage – 97.69%
- Pass percentage of boys – 97.70%
- Pass percentage of girls – Dr. Mahua Das said its almost the same, exact figure not stated
- Pass percentage of all districts is 90% or above
- Pass percentage of minorities – 97.46%
- Tapasili jati pass percentage – 97.33%
- Arts – 97.39%
- Science Pass Percentage – 99.28%
- Commerce Pass Percentage – 99.8%
- Urdu Pass Percentage – 98.47%
- Nepali Pass Percentage – 97.81%
- Sawtali Pass Percentage – 96.74%
- O grade: In 2020 – 30,220 ; In 2021 – 9, 013
- A grade (70+) – In 2020 – 96,825 | In 2021 – Around 95,000
This year, WB HS examinations could not be held due to prevailing Covid 19 conditions. The results are based on evaluation criteria in a 40:60 ratio. 40 percent weightage has been given to the best of four subjects in Madhyamik 2019. 60 percent weightage is on theory exams of Class XI along with Class XII practicals and projects.