Board of Secondary Education, Odisha is going to conduct the Pathani Samanta Mathematics scholarship test (PMST) tomorrow, March 11, 2022. The board has also released the admit card for the examination earlier this month for all the eligible candidates. The examination is conducted by BSE, Odisha for candidates who are currently pursuing classes 6th and 9th from any schools of Odisha.
PMST Scholarship Benefits
PMST, Odisha is one of the popular scholarships of the state for the candidates who excel in Mathematics. There are three stages of disbursement of the scholarship for class 6th and 9th students. As per that, candidates who are in class 6, shall be getting INR 200 for 7 years. Whereas, those who are in class 9th shall be eligible to get INR 300 per month.
PMST Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips
As per the exam pattern, there shall be an offline test having 60 questions for all the subjects accounting for 150 marks. The examination shall be held in the OMR mode and candidates have to mark the blacken the correct answer for the question asked.
For the candidates going to appear in the examination of PMST, Odisha should be following the below-mentioned preparation tips. In this way, they can rule out any last moment error that could be committed in the exam:
- The candidates must keep the minds calm while solving the questions asked in the PMST examination as some of them can be tricky.
- Complete the revision of all the subjects and refrain from commencing any new chapter. Try to re-revise the difficulty concepts or formulas from chapters such as Time and Work, Time and Distance, Profit-Loss, Linear Equations, Simple and Compound Interest, Mensuration at least twice or thrice.
- Attempt the mock test and go through the performance in the same. Other than this, draft a strategy that should be followed while appearing in the examination.
- The candidates can prepare a formula sheet for the aptitude-bsed topics and use it for a quick revision on the exam day.
- It is best if candidates use the vedic maths formulas to make the larger calculations easy.
Apart from that, students can go through the table below for last-minute revision tips for the PMST examination:
Do’s and Dont’s on the Exam Day
- Citing the pandemic, it is in the best intrest if the candidates refrain from communicating with the fellow test takers.
- The candidates are advised to prepare a checklist of the things that are crucial for the exam, including the PMST, Odisha admit card and valid id proof.
- Try to reach the exam hall at least 25 to 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card
- They can also use mapping services to locate the exam center address a prior.