Odisha Public Service Commission has released a notification for the recruitment of the Lecturer. The vacancies are announced in different disciplines of Government Homeopathic Medical Colleges of Odisha. OPSC has announced 49 vacancies for the post of Lecturers. Payscale for the post is fixed, which is Rs.44,900/- per month. Eligible and interested candidates can download the notification with advertisement number 03/2020-21 from opsc.gov.in. The window to submit the online application activates from July 10, 2020, onwards. Candidates can submit their representations for the posts on or before the last date which is August 17, 2020.
The candidates are recruited as Lecturer under different disciplines of Government Homeopathic Medical College. OPSC has announced 06 vacancies for Homeo Materia Medica and Practise of Medicine, 07 for Organon of Medicine, 03 vacancies Repertory, 03 for Homeopathic Pharmacy, 03 vacancies for Surgery, 03 vacancies for Community Medicine, 03 vacancies for FMT, 03 for Physiology & Biochemistry, and 04 vacancies for O & G, 04 vacancies for Pathology & Microbiology and 04 vacancies for Anatomy.
Candidates who have attained the minimum age limit of 21 years and are not above 40 years are eligible for the post of Lecturer. The age is calculated by OPSC as on January 01, 2020. The upper age limit of relaxable up to 05 years for SC/ST/Educationally Backwards Class/Women/Ex-servicemen candidates and 10 years for Person with a disability. The minimum educational qualification is different for Homeopathic subjects and Allied Medical subjects. Candidates who possess post graduate degree in homoeopathy in concerned subject can apply for homoeopathic subjects. Those who have a post-graduate degree in homoeopathy only can apply for Lecturer in Allied Medical Subjects.
Eligible candidates can submit the form by visiting the official website, opsc.gov.in. Aspirants first have to register themselves after which a unique ‘Permanent Public Service Account Number’ is assigned to them. Candidates have to keep the PPSAN safe till the recruitment process is over as it is used throughout the examination process. They have to ensure that they take a clear print out of the application form before concluding the online application submission. Aspirants have to submit a non-refundable and non-adjustable application fee of Rs.500/-. However, SC/ST of Odisha/Person with a disability is exempted from the fee submission. The fee can be submitted through online payment mode using Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
The selection of candidates for Lecturer is based on career marking and written examination. Career marking refers to the verification of the educational qualification. This round carries 30% of the total marks for the selection procedure. The rest 70% is allotted to the written examination. Depending on the COVID-19 pandemic, OPSC will organize the written examination either as offline or online exam. The syllabus and scheme of the exam for the same can be downloaded from the official website.