All eyes are on NEET 2020 result. National Testing Agency has not announced any date for the declaration of the only national-level medical entrance exam of the nation. AIIMS ad JIPMER admission will be also based on NEET 2020 scores. Going by the last few year’s trends, NEET result is declared 1 month after the result. Hence, it is expected that the result will be out by October 12, 2020. However, this year with delays in the academic year, chances are NTA might declare the result sooner.
While waiting for the NEET 2020 result, candidates must understand how exactly will the result be prepared and what is the All India Rank in NEET 2020. Unlike JEE Main and other exams, NEET 2020 result is used in the All India basis for only 15% medical seats. The rest of the 85% of the medical seats fall under the ambit of states.
This means the All India Rank assigned to the candidates in NEET is for 15% All India Quota counselling. The rank available on the scorecard of NEET 2020 will be mentioned as “All India Quota Rank (for 15% seats)”. The ranking doe state quota seats will be done by the concerned counselling authority.
The AIR is provided to the candidates by NTA. However, the All India Quota Rank for 15% seats will be utilised by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for seat allocation. An All India Merit List of the qualified candidates will be prepared based on All India Rank in NEET 2020 and candidates will be admitted to Undergraduate Medical Courses from the said list only.
Talking about how this All India Rank (AIR) is prepared, then it is like any other examination. It is based on the total score of the candidates in the exam. Higher is the overall marks / percentile better is the rank. The overall marks in NEET 2020 is the sum of marks obtained by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. However, the overall percentile is calculated using the formula (100 x Number of candidates appeared with raw score EQUAL TO OR LESS than the candidate) / Total number of the candidates appeared.
NTA will also prepare a list of the successful candidates in order of All India Rank based on the marks obtained in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020.
NTA will provide All India Rank and Result will be shared with the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India and Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India to provide the same to the Admitting Authorities.
These authorities will then invite applications for Counselling from the qualified candidates. As per the applications received a final merit list will be drawn and seats will be allotted accordingly.