Department of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Jharkhand, is inviting applications for recruitment into 400 Forest Guard posts in 2020. A detailed advertisement published at the official website forest.jharkhand. gov.in has indicated important information such as the prescribed format for the application, vacancy details, and eligibility conditions. Retired candidates below the age of 64 years who have served in forester/forest guard or synonymous/equivalent post and with relevant experience in agriculture, horticulture, and afforestation are eligible to apply for the recruitment in the prescribed format before June 30, 2020. The total vacancies are bifurcated into 160 for Unreserved, 40 & 104 for SC & ST, 32 & 24 for OBC (Cat-1) & BC (Cat-2) and 40 for EWS.
Through an official advertisement released on the website of the Jharkhand forest department, the application process for the aforementioned recruitment event was initiated on and from June 05, 2020. The complete process is conducted offline and eligible applicants can find the prescribed application format attached to the detailed advertisement. One must also ensure that they enclose attested photocopies of documents including photo identity, educational qualifications, proof of age, and caste certificate along with the application form which must reach the officials before the last date. In addition, a declaration indicating that any criminal procedure is not ongoing/pending against the candidate and record of service of 10 years must also be enclosed.
After ensuring that all eligibility conditions are satisfied, candidates are advised to compile all documents and the printed copy of the completely filled up application form. A recent photograph must be attached with the form and it must be duly signed by the applicant. All such documents must be enclosed within a single envelope superscribed with the words “Application Form for recruitment into the post of Forest Guard on contractual basis“. All applications must be addressed to the Chief Conservator of Forests, Personel (Non-Gazetted), Jharkhand, Ranchi Head Office, Forest Building, Block-B, Doranda, Ranchi – 834002 and sent by post.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of their service record and results of a viva round. The Department will shortlist candidates to invite them for the viva round which comprises 25% marks. Candidates’ service record of the last 10 years comprises of the other 75% of the marks. Selected candidates will be appointed for an initial period of one year only following which, the extension of the service period will be governed by the performance of individual candidates in the post of forest guard. Finally appointed candidates will be compensated as per the Finance Department’s norms established through letter number 1234 dated 28.04.2016 on a monthly frequency. However, the appointment will be done purely on a contractual basis and the decision of the Department will be final and binding in all cases.