Latest: Education minister has announced JEE Main 2021 exam dates. You can check the dates and other details here.
Union Education Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank is announcing the JEE Main 2021 exam date, application form date, and frequency of exam today. He tweeted earlier today that he will be making the announcements today at 6 PM. Nearly a million students across India are waiting eagerly for his update.
Yesterday, NTA had briefly uploaded the JEE Main 2021 information bulletin at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The document was left available for download for 2 hours. As per it, JEE Main 2021 will be held 4 times – in Feb, March, April, May.
Highlights of today’s announcements on JEE Main 2021
- NTA will conduct JEE Main 2021 four times.
- The first exam will be in February, second in March, third in April, and fourth in May.
- The JEE Main 2021 February exam will be held from 23 to 26 February 2021.
- Candidates can appear in any one or more than one JEE Mains.
- The decision to hold it 4 times will give students more chances to improve their score and rank.
- Also, if for some reason candidates are unable to sit for JEE Main 2021 in any one month, they can do in another month.
- JEE Main 2021 will be held in 13 languages.
- There will be 15 optional questions in the exam, without any negative marking.
JEE Main 2021 New Pattern Explained
The Union Education Minister also announced that in the new paper pattern, there will be no negative marking in the 15 alternative questions. The candidates have to attempt 75 questions out of 90, or 25 questions out of 30 in each section of Chemistry, Physics & Maths.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Date not announced
In today's webinar, Ramesh Pokhriyal did not announce the date of release of JEE Main 2021 application form. However considering that the exam will be held from 23-26 February 2021, the application form is expected very soon, probably today or tomorrow. NTA will release the application form at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
This is why JEE Main 2021 will be held 4 times?
The reason for providing 4 chances in JEE Mains is to give students multiple opportunities to do well. Also, because there will be multiple chances, if anyone is unable to attend any one chance, they can attend another.
JEE Main 2021 in 13 Languages
For the first time, JEE Main 2021 will be held in 13 regional langues. These are as follows:
Optional Questions Available in JEE Main 2021
It is finally confirmed that there shall be 90 questions in the exam and candidates will only have to solve 75 questions.
No Candidate will be at Loss
Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has ensured that if the JEE Main exam dates of a candidate clashs with board exams, then that can appear for the exam in March, April, or May. Hence, no candidate will be at loss.
JEE Main Feb 2021 Exam Date Confirmed
JEE Main 2021 first attempt will be held on 23 to 26 Feb 2021.
Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank confirms that JEE Main 2021 will be held 4 times a year, in: