Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will announce RRB NTPC application status 2020 on September 21, 2020. The status will be announced on the official website of 21 RRBs and via it applicants will get to know if their NTPC application form has been accepted or rejected. Candidates whose form is accepted, will be issued admit card in the month of December and shall be allowed to appear for CBT 1, which is due start from December 15, 2020, onwards.
On the other hand, if the RRB NTPC application status of a candidates is ‘rejected’ then they will not be issued admit card and shall not be allowed to take the exam. So, how does RRB decides if the application form is to be accepted or rejected? Indian Railway can reject RRB NTPC application form due to any of the following 8 reasons.
1. Incorrect photo: The application form can be rejected if the photo uploaded is the form is not as specified in the brochure (CEN 01/2019). Candidates who have uploaded black and white photos, photos with a cap, or wearing goggles, photos which are small size, unrecognisable photos, group photo, selfie photo, photo taken by mobile, morphed photo, etc. have high chances of their forms being rejected.
2. Incorrect signature: Just like the photo, uploading correct signature is also important. if the signature is done on capital letters, the form is rejected. If the image of the signature is not scanned clearly that will also lead to rejection of the application form.
3. Date of birth is incorrect or not as per the eligibility criteria: There is an age limit to apply for RRB NTPC 2020. The age limit is 18 to 30 years for the undergraduate posts and 18 to 33 years for the graduate posts. Therefore if the date of birth entered by the candidates is wrong or is ineligible as per the post applied for, their application form can be rejected.
4. Educational Qualification: If the candidates do not possess the educational qualification as prescribed for the recruitment, then the form will be rejected.
5. Multiple applications: If more than one application form is submitted the form will be rejected. Multiple application means submitting the application form to different RRBs for the same posts. In such cases candidates will not only bear the rejection of the application form, such candidates can be debarred from appearing in RRC / RRC exams in the future. Official notification states,
“Only one application is required to be submitted. Moreover, candidates can apply to only one RRB. Applications to more than one RRB will lead to rejection.”
6. Applications submitted by debarred candidates: If any candidate already has their name in the debarred list by the RRBs/ RRCs, then their applications will be rejected.
7. Incomplete application form: If any important field of the application form is left unfilled, the form will be rejected. The application form must be complete in all respect. The application gee must be submitted and the transaction must have been successful as per the deadline.
8. Other irregularities observed by Railways: RRB can also reject the application form due to many other miscellaneous reasons. This can also lead to cancellation of the application form.
RRBs do not reject any application form without thorough speculation. All rejected applicants will also get the reason for their rejection with the form status. To check the application form status candidates have to visit the official website of the respective websites and login with registration number and date of birth. Under the login the status of the application form being rejected or accepted will be indicated. Rejected candidates can also see the reason.
Moreover, the rejected candidate will be intimated about the cancellation of the application form on their respective contact number registered with the RRBs.
The RRB NTPC 2020 CBT 1 will be held on December 15, 2020. The provisionally eligible candidates will be allotted the exam date, time and city 8-10 days before the exam. The call letter / admit car of the exam will come 4 days before the examination.