West Bengal government is all set to impose COVID protocols and restrictions amid an unprecedented spike in COVID-19 cases across the state. Decisions on shutting down all the educational institutions and allowing offices to work on 50% capacity from Monday were imposed earlier.
Night curfews have been imposed and only essential services will be permitted to work between 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays, addressed Chief Secretary H K Dwivedi in a press conference held on Sunday.
West Bengal Omicron caseload has been around 20 cases up until this point, nonetheless, the state has said that a complete lockdown is exceptionally far-fetched. Although some restrictions have been planned to be imposed in order to curb the spread of the highly contagious Omicron virus.
Flights from Mumbai and Delhi have been restricted to operate 2 days a week on Monday and Friday beginning January 5. Non-stop departures from the United Kingdom, which have detailed an amazing number of COVID-19 cases in the course of recent weeks, including those of the more irresistible Omicron strain, have also been halted.
Check down the list of What Will Be Closed / Open in West Bengal from Today
What will be allowed?
- Local trains will be driven with 50% capacity till 7 pm.
- All shopping centers and markets would be permitted to stay open till 10 pm with half of the total capacity.
- Express trains will work according to their schedule and limit.
- Metro trains in Kolkata will likewise work as per their schedule however with 50% capacity.
- Multiplexes and theaters will be allowed to operate on a 50% capacity.
- Gatherings and meetings have been permitted with a limit of 200 individuals all at once or 50% limit of the hall, whichever is lower.
- Bars and cafés were permitted to stay open with 50% capacity till 10 pm.
- Home delivery of essential items and food can operate as per their usual working hours.
- Flights from Delhi and Mumbai to work twice a week — on Monday and Friday — beginning January 5, 2022.
What’s not allowed?
- All vacation destinations, including the zoos, would stay shut.
- Pools, parlors, spa, wellness centers and gyms have likewise been told to shut down.
- Not more than 50 people will be permitted in weddings. Likewise 20 people will be permitted during funerals.
- Flights from United Kingdom have been suspended.