National Testing Agency has become a target of students’ anger and anxiousness due to the delay in declaring the NEET UG result 2021. The agency is the conducting body for NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) UG 2021 for aspirants willing to pursue studies in medicine.
Even after 1 month and 18 days since the exam is over, the agency has not released any update regarding the results. This has caused widespread agitation amongst the students who are now writing against the agency on Twitter. Hashtags like #NEETResult2021, # NEETUG has been trending since yesterday. However, there is no response by the agency or any other official authorities.
Some students even went to tag the former HRD minister R P Nishank and current Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan highlighting the immature behaviour of NTA. However, no heed was paid to these tweets, leaving students fretful. However, in a mail circulated by some students, NTA has clarified that it will put up a notice first and then release the result for NEET-UG 2021.
The delayed result is not only causing a problem for students but is also worrying professors of top medical colleges. On being asked, they shared that this obnoxious behaviour by a central testing agency will lead to students losing their precious time. These delayed result has caused a lot of damage already since the application forms for foreign universities stands closed. Also, this would result in an increased workload for the faculty when the new session kicks in.
This academic session shall begin 6 months late and in an uncertain situation with a pandemic right on our head, it won’t be easy to complete the syllabus of the first year in 6 months itself said, professor, SN Medical College, Agra.
The Supreme Court of India has ordered the agency to release the NEET UG result 2021 at the earliest in its last hearing. The agency responded that it is ready with the results and will declare the same soon for the candidates. However, it seems everything was just a myth and nothing is on paper till now.
After the results of NEET-UG 2021 is released, the race for admission shall begin for all the candidates. The admission however is going to be at two levels i.e. 15% for AIQ (All India Quota) and the remaining 85% for the State based colleges. The candidates would be provided admission on the basis of their AIR, seats available and college preference.