MCC will announce NEET 2018 Seat Allotment on June 22, 2018. This will be for the first round of counselling. The registration process for the NEET 2018 Counselling had started on June 13, 2018, and continued till June 18, 2018.

The results of the seat allotment process for the first round will be available on the official website of the MCC. The eligible students will have to visit the official website to know the result of the counselling process.

MCC is Medical Counselling Committee. It is the conducting body for NEET 2018 Counselling for All India Quota seats. All India Quota seats comprise 15% of the total medical seats available in the country. Rest 85% of the seats are reserved for the state counselling.

After the result announcement, the second round of counselling will begin from July 06, 2018. The students who want to appear for this round will have to re-enter the fresh choices of the college as per the availability of the seats after the first round of seat allotment.

NEET 2018 exam was conducted on May 06, 2018. Around 13.35 lakh students had appeared for the most coveted exam. The results of the exam were announced on June 04, 2018 at the official website cbseneet.nic.in.

The counselling process of NEET 2018 Counselling is conducted after the results of NEET 2018 have been declared. Only those students are eligible for the counselling process who qualify the NEET 2018 Exam. A merit list is prepared as per the percentile scored by the candidate in the main exam.

Qualifying the NEET 2018 Exam means that the candidate must have scored the minimum cutoff percentile in the exam. The cutoff is set by CBSE. It is the conducting body for NEET 2018 Counselling.

CBSE is Central Board of Secondary Education. It is the conducting body for many other exams as well apart from NEET such as JEE Main for engineering, Class 10 and Class 12 board examination, UGC NET and many other exams. Although it is being said that another exam conducting body NTA will take over these exams in 2019.

The NEET 2018 Counselling is conducted in two ways. The counselling for All India Quota is done by Medical Counselling Committee for 15% of the total seats from each state. The rest 85% seats of each state are allotted through the respective state counselling.

The state authorities release their own merit list and conduct their separate counselling process. Those students who wish to take admission through this procedure will have to visit the official website of the respective state to apply for the counselling. The seat allotment for both of them will be as per the eligibility criteria of the state and the rank obtained by the student in the NEET 2018 Exam.

1 COMMENT

Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.