The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued the guidelines to the schools and students that have to be followed for the smooth conduct of the Term 2 examination. It has also released the CBSE Term 2 admit card for classes 10 and 12. Reportedly, nearly 34 lakh students are going to appear for the upcoming board exams. The examinations are all set to begin on April 26. While the exams for class 10 will end on May 24, class 12 exams are going to conclude on June 15, 2022.
This is for the first time that CBSE is conducting its board exams in two terms. Students who have appeared for the Term 1 exam have to appear for term 2. As a part of important guidelines, it seems that the Board has relaxed the COVID-19 protocols to some extent. To appear for CBSE Term 2 exam, the students must carry their admit cards mandatorily. The admit cards have to be collected from the respective schools. In case of any discrepancy in the admit cards, they should get it rectified.
Exam Day Guidelines
1. Contrary to the CBSE Term 1 exam, a total of 18 students will be seated in one classroom as opposed to 12.
2. Students will still be required to follow COVID-19 protocols such as social distancing, hand sanitization and temperature check.
3. For the smooth conduct of the examination, three-step verification will be followed and validation at each step is necessary.
4. Question papers for the CBSE Term 2 exam will be sent to the custodians.
5. Centre Superintendents will be overseeing the activities in an examination centre. It is not mandatory that the person-in-charge of the role will be the principal of the school.
6. To ensure proper records, geo-tagging is mandatory at every stage. Students will be required to show their exam roll numbers to get entry to the exam venues.
7. Students are also required to report to the respective examination centres by 9:30 AM. The CBSE Term 2 exams for classes 10 and 12 will be held from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
8. A duration of 20 minutes will be given to the students as reading time.
The parents will be required to guide their wards regarding all COVID-19 precautions. They must also ensure that the students are not sick. The admit cards for the exam will be sent to the schools in due time. Students should collect them and keep the same in their safe custody.