IIM Ahmedabad is going to conduct CAT exam 2021 on November 28, 2021, in three shifts across multiple test centers. In a bid to make the candidates familiar with the basic exam day, the authorities have released the test day workflow. Common Aptitude Test (CAT) is scheduled to be held in three shifts namely, Forenoon Session: 08.30 am to 10.30 am, Afternoon Session: 12.30 pm to 02.30 pm, and Evening Session: 04.30 pm to 06.30 pm.
Candidates are asked to strictly adhere to the reporting time mentioned for each shift. They are also asked to reach the exam hall at least 30 minutes prior to the reporting time. Check out the sections below to know the complete test guidelines relevant to CAT 2021 in a go.
Dos for CAT exam 2021
- Print the CAT admit card on A4 size with all the details clearly printed on the same. Make sure to affix the photograph on the admit card while entering the exam hall
- Candidates must use the Google map link embedded on the admit card to locate the test center
- Carry the original government id along with the CAT admit card 2021
- Abide by the basic etiquottes and Covid-19 SOPs in the exam hall premise
Don’ts for CAT exam 2021
- Refrain from carrying prohibited items to the exam hall
- Avoid cheating while appearing in the CAT examination
- Do not touch the keyboard or it will lock up the entire exam
- No request in the test center shall be allowed and the authorities decision will be final
- Candidates must refrain from wearing jwellery, shoes or googles to the exam hall
CAT 2021 is going to be held in the computer-based format for a total of three subjects, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Ability (QA), and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR). Each section will come with a sectional timing of 40 minutes. A negative marking of -1 mark is applicable for candidates who mark answers wrong. The question in the examination will be of MCQ and non-MCQ type.
Candidates going to appear in the CAT exam are allowed to wear Socks, plain Pullovers/Sweaters/Cardigans. However, those who have any kind of metal implants, or devices such as pacemakers inside the body, must carry a medical certificate for the same.
While going for the CAT 2021 exam, candidates are allowed to carry the admit card along with an original valid government-issued ID card i.e. College ID, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, or Identification Affidavit, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, or PAN Card.
Upon reaching the exam hall, candidates will be asked to remove their glasses and contact lens for scanning IRIS and capturing photographs.
Candidates must not carry their own stationery as there is a provision of providing a scribble pad and pen while entering the exam hall. They have to use these only while appearing in the examination.