Amrita University has postponed AEEE 2020 once again. The announcement for the postponement of the exam is sent to the candidates via text messages on their registered phone number. The text message reads “AEEE 2020 has been postponed from July. Revised dates to be announced soon.”
There is no update as of now on the official website of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham for postponement of the exam. However, the officials have sent text messages to the students in the phone number that was registered while applying for AEEE 2020.
Right now, the application forms are available online to apply for the national level entrance exam – Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2020. The last date to apply is July 15, 2020. AEEE 2020 was scheduled to be held on July 23, 24, 25, and 26, 2020.
AEEE is a national level examination, held for admission in B.Tech courses offered by 5 campuses of Amrita University. 10+2 passed / appearing candidates can apply for the exam.
The postponement of the exam was expected as JEE Main 2020 was announced to be postponed on July 3, 2020. Admission in Amrita University against 30% of the seats is based on JEE Main 2020. The rest of the 70% seats are filled based on AEEE 2020 scores. Therefore with the postponement of JEE Main 2020, Amrita University has also postponed its entrance test. JEE Main 2020 will be now held from September 1 to 6, 2020.
AEEE 2020 is computer-based test. The duration of the exam is 120 minutes for PCM / PCB and 150 minutes for PCMB candidates. The question is the exam is asked from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology. There are 25 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. From Maths 30 questions are asked. For each correct answer, candidates get 3 marks and for any wrong attempt, 1 mark is deducted.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham was established in the year 1994. It has campuses in Coimbatore, Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Kochi, Mysuru, Chennai. As per NIRF ranking 2020, Amrita ranks at #4 in the University category, #7 in the Medical category, #13 in the Overall category, #20 in the Engineering category, #13 in Dental and #15 in Pharmacy category.