The Vellore Institute of Technology has announced the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam Result for the year 2018. The result has been declared on the official website, i.e Candidates can check the result by submitting application number and date of birth. Through the result, the candidates can only check their ranks. According to their ranks, candidates will be called for counselling and seat will be allocated to them.

Candidates should note that  University will not send any score or rank. On the webpage candidates will have to click on ‘VITEEE 2018-Result’ button.

After clicking on it you will be directed towards result portal. Where you need to provide the login details. After typing both the details click on ‘Submit’ button.

After clicking on the submit button the result will appear on the screen. Details such as Application Number, Applicants Name, Gender, Date of Birth, along with VITEEE Rank will be visible.

The VIT University prepares the rank list on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in the entrance exam. The rank will also be intimated via SMS to the candidates whose mobile number will be provided. Candidates should note that they will not be shown the photocopies of answer sheets. Since the final grades are examined with utmost care, therefore, no request for re-totaling or re-grading will be entertained.

The rank will be prepared using the procedure of Equipercentile Equating so that the candidate’s percentile ranks could be identified. This will be done in such manner that scores on different forms with same percentile rank will be considered as equal. For instance, a 90 percentile rank means that 90 percent of candidates who gave exam have scored below this score level and the rest 10 percent have scored above this exam score.

The counselling for VITEEE 2018 will be based on All India Rank (AIR) achieved by the candidate in the entrance examination and the availability of seats. The Phase I of counselling will begin from May 09. It will be a three day process, i.e. on May 09, 10, and 11. On day 1, rank holder from 1 to 8000 will be called for seat allocation. On day 2, rank 8001 to 14000 will be granted admission, and on day 3, rank 14001 to 20000 will be called.

The dates for Phase II of counselling are yet to be announced. Usually, the counselling ends in the mid of second phase. However, this year VIT will also take admission in Amravati and Bhopal campuses. Hence, there is a possibility that it might be stretched a little.

SRMJEEE 2019 Apply Now!!