Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021 is scheduled to be held on July 19 and 22, 2021 as per latest schedule announced by the Karnataka State Education Minister S Suresh Kumar on Monday. As per reports, the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) will be conducting the exams for more than 8.76 lakh candidates this year as opposed to less than 8.5 lakh candidates in the last year. The state government has issued COVID related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for conducting the exams this year in the offline mode.
While most state and central education boards have scrapped the Class 10 (and Class 12) board exams this year on account of the pandemic, the state education minister has confirmed the official dates on which the SSLC 2021 exams will be held. As per reports, the number of exam centres have been increased to 73066 with only 12 candidates allowed to sit for the exam in each centre.
As per reports, on July 19, 2021, the Class 10 exams will be held for the subjects of Mathematics, Science and Social Science while on July 22, 2021, the Class 10 exams will be held for the language subjects. The exams will be conducted from 10.30 AM to 01.30 PM on each exam day. As per reports, the state government has taken this decision following a meeting attended by the Education Minister, Deputy Commissioners, Chief Education Officers, District Police Chiefs, Treasury Officers etc.
The Karnataka Class 10 exams 2021 will be held as per the aforementioned schedule in the offline mode by complying with COVID protocols issued by the state. The state education minister was quoted saying that the exams will be held in the Pen and Paper Based mode in the form of MCQ type tests. As such, all questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question format and candidates will be provided OMR sheets to mark their answers.
SOPs for Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021
As per reports, the state government has issued strict guidelines in the form of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be adhered to in the interest of safeguarding the health and wellbeing of students and exam conducting official alike. The SOPs include the following.
- Exam centres, toilets, furniture etc. will be sanitized daily. Sanitization will be done by spraying disinfectants and it will be done both before and after the exam.
- While the number of centres have been increased, only 12 students are to be allowed in each exam hall. Furthermore, only one student will be allowed to sit on each desk.
- Vaccination of exam conducting officials with the help of district administration has been made mandatory.
- N95 marks are not mandatory for asymptomatic students. They can use standard masks including surgical masks.
- Within 200 m radius of the exam centre, Section 144 will be imposed.
- Provisions will be made for symptomatic students to write the SSLC Exam in isolated facilities.