There have been speculations that the seats in Rajiv Gandhi University of Science and Technology (RGUKT) in Basara will be filled through TS POLYCET 2021. Candidates who are willing to take admission in the IIIT Basara Six-Year Integrated B.Tech course now have to appear for the Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET). Earlier, the admission to the University was based on the merit of the Class 10th Boards Examination. Now that the TS 10th Class boards Exam is cancelled the admission procedure is delayed.
Last month, Telangana State Government has decided to cancel the Class 10th Boards exam due to COVID-19. The Class 12th Boards exam also get postponed because of the same reason. The new dates for the 12th Boards exam will be announced after the COVID-19 situation is under control. The TS Class 10th Result will be based on the objective criteria that are discussed by CBSE. Candidates who will be unsatisfied with the Class 10th result would be given another chance once the situation improves.
As per the Objective Criteria released by CBSE, the Class 10th Results will be prepared based on the internal assessment and schools decision. 20% marks are allocated to the internal assessment in which the candidate’s performance is evaluated. The remaining 80% marks will be calculated by schools based on Periodic Test/ Unit Test (10 marks), Half Yearly / Mid-Term Exam (30 marks) and Pre-Board Examinations (40 marks). There will be standardization of marks to nullify the variation in the difficulty level, strict and lenient checking ad other such factors. All the CBSE affiliated schools will be following the same method.
However, the University only has to offer 1500 seats for the six-year integrated B.Tech course. As per 2019, the number of around 9000 students secured 10 CGPA in the boards examination. However last year, a total of 1.41 lakh student obtained 10 CGPA as the Boards Result was announced based on internal assessment. It is difficult to admit students based on the results that is prepared by the schools.
As there is no examination for the Class 10th Boards Students this year, the Admission Committee has decided to conduct an entrance examination. This will help the university to shortlist eligible candidates for the 06 years integrated course. As per the reports, RGUKT Basara may consider the TS POLYCET scores for admission in the 1500 seats. However, the decision is still pending.
Moreover, the TS POLYCET exam is a state-level entrance exam that is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana. The entrance exam offers admission to Diploma courses in Engineering or Non – Engineering and Technology in various institutes of the state.