University of Delhi (DU) has begun the Post Graduate Admission Process 2021 on the official website pgadmission.uod.ac.in. The registration process which began on July 26, 2021, shall go on till August 21, 2021. Moreover, the last date to pay the application fee is also the same i.e August 21, 2021. To ensure that the students fill their forms properly DU authorities have published a step-by-step guide. This guide provides instructions about every step of the registration process. However, it has not mentioned the domicile aspect anywhere in the document. This has created confusion among many PG applicants. Here’s all you need to know.
What is domicile or domicile certificate?
Domicile certificate is also known as the residence certificate. This document is issued by a state government to a person, proving him/her to be a resident of that particular state or Union Territory (UT). This certificate is often required for the admission process in state-government and controlled universities. Usually, the domicile state of a candidate is asked during the application process. In this case, a candidate must specify the state to which he/she belongs.
Domicile in case of DU PG Admission 2021
While applying for the DU PG 2021 admission process, candidates have to register on the official website pgadmission.uod.ac.in. They have to enter important details like name, middle name, date of birth, category, nationality, domicile, etc. Here, in the “domicile” section, students must enter the state to which they belong (OR) the state for which they own the domicile/residence certificate.
The domicile section might just hold more importance in DU admissions than just being a proof of residence. In 2017, the Delhi Assembly passed a resolution in the parliament. According to the resolution, there will be 85% reservation for city students in government-aided Delhi colleges. The remaining 15% may be given to students across the state. However, this year, admissions will be based on merit, entrance test performance and reservation.
Even during document verification, Delhi students don’t need to show their domicile certificate. However, students of other states may need to show their certificate of residence for admission. However, this requirement comes ta a later stage which the candidates must make a note of.
To apply for DU PG 2021 admission process, candidates must register on the website by entering all the required details. On submitting these details, a confirmation/verification link will be sent to the registered email ID. Students must access their email inbox to access this link and click on it to verify their registration. After doing so, candidates can proceed to apply for admission to PG courses offered by DU.
According to the DU PG 2021 admission schedule, the form-filling process began yesterday through the online mode. The deadline to complete all the registration formalities is August 21, 2021. However, authorities are yet to announce the office dates for the entrance exam and the events thereafter. Students are instructed to keep a track of the official website to get their queries resolved.