The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) is going to conduct the preliminary round of the State Service examination. The exam has been scheduled to be conducted on February 13, 2022. Candidates who are yet to download the admit cards can do so from the official website – psc.cg.gov.in. This year, the examination is being conducted for a total of 171 vacancies. With less than three days left for the exam, candidates should utilize their time and boost up their preparation.
Previous Year QPs
During the last few days of preparation, the previous year question papers come in handy. Candidates can solve them to analyze which questions were repeatedly asked in the exam. Moreover, they are also helpful in developing time management strategies for the actual examination day. Hence, it is advised to go through them and practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
Direct Link to Access CGPSC Previous Year Question Papers – Click Here
This preparation phase can also be made better and more enriching if one knows what exactly to do during this time. Hence, to provide some guidance, here are some tips and strategies that the previous year toppers have shared.
1. For the General Studies Paper I, aspirants should have a strong grasp of the topics pertaining to the state because this helps in scoring better in the paper. The important portions are Geography, Economy, Culture and Polity.
2. Special focus should be given to the Economic Survey. One should go through the previous year question papers to know the trend of the questions asked from the Economic Survey.
3. Coming to Paper II which is the aptitude test, candidates should revise the books by R S Agarwal and follow whatever notes one has prepared so far.
4. Experts suggest that one should keep in mind the negative marking while attempting questions in the exam. Hence, it is advised to have a safe zone which should roughly be around 60 to 65 questions.
5. One should attempt as many test series as possible since this will help in boosting up the candidate’s confidence.
6. In case a candidate does not want to appear for subject-wise tests, they should still attempt the current affairs tests because that will help one to stay up-to-date.
7. Candidates who still have doubts regarding certain topics can get them cleared by referring to the online videos. However, in the last two days, the main focus should only be on revision.