The Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) 2022 will not include the 25% weightage of Intermediate marks for the second consecutive year. The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, the conducting authority of TS EAMCET 2022 has also waived off the minimum mark criteria for TS EAMCET 2022. However, there is no official confirmation regarding the removal of 25% inter weightage for AP EAMCET 2022. In 2021, the AP government waived off the 25% weightage given to Intermediate marks.
TS EAMCET 2022
According to the official notification, “The TS EAMCET-2022 ranks will be allotted purely based on the performance (normalized marks) in the TS EAMCET-2022 examination and the 25% weightage for Intermediate marks in the calculation of TS EAMCET-2022 ranks has been waived off as a special case for the academic year 2022-23 similar to the TS EAMCET-2021.”
The application form for TS EAMCET 2022 is open from April 6, and aspiring candidates can apply for the exam. The EAMCET 2022 will be conducted from July 14 to 20, 2022.
The final list of selected candidates will be prepared solely based on the performance and the normalized score of the candidates in the TS EAMCET 2022. The minimum mark limit of 45% in the inter examination has also been removed for this year. Candidates are required to score a minimum of 25% marks in the TS EAMCET 2022 to qualify for the same. However, there are no qualification marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
AP EAMCET 2022 Ranking
The marks obtained in the qualifying examination carry a weightage of 75% for ranking. The rest 25% is calculated from the marks obtained in Class 10 and 12 examinations. However, it is stated in the official notification that the 25% weightage given to the Intermediate marks will depend on the decision of the AP state government. The decision to remove and validate this intermediate marks weightage depends on the state government. There have been no updates from the part of the state government regarding the removal of this 25% weightage given to the intermediate exam. As of now, the preparation of the merit list will be based on the 75% + 25% pattern of marking. The criteria for ranking are mentioned as above in the Annexure V of the official notification.
It must be noted that in 2021, the AP state government removed the 25% weightage for intermediate marks and decided on the allotment of seats by giving 100% weightage to EAPCET marks. As the Telangana government has waived off the weightage, it is expected that the decision of the AP government will be announced soon.