Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh, has announced exam date of UP State Entrance Exam 2020. The exam will be held on May 10, 2020, for admission of eligible candidates in 1st year B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Des, B.Pharm, BHMCT, BFA, BFAD, B.Voc, MBA, MBA (Integrated), MCA, MCA (Integrated), M.Tech (Dual Degree), M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm, M.Design and 2nd year B.Tech, MCA (Lateral Entry), and B.Pharm courses offered by the colleges of the state.
The dates have been announced on the official website, upsee.nic.in, and it is expected that the information brochure with dates and details of the exam will be uploaded at the beginning of January 2020. Last year, UPSEE was held on April 21, 2019, and this time it scheduled a bit late. Hence, there is a possibility that registration for the exam might also be delayed and will begin in the end of January or the starting of February 2020.
The application forms of UPSEE are only released online. It is expected that the application fee will be the same as last year, i.e. Rs. 1300 for male/transgender candidates of general and OBC category candidates and Rs. 650, for females, physically handicapped and SC/ST candidates.
To be eligible for UPSEE 2020, an applicant must secure minimum marks in the qualifying examination, from any institution located in UP. In case a candidate has passed the qualifying exam from outside the state of UP, they have to produce a domicile certificate of their parents at the time of verification of the document, stating that their parent (both mother and father) are a domicile of the state.
There is no age limit to apply for the examination.
Admission in all the government colleges under AKTU is done based on UPSEE 2020 merit. In all the private colleges under AKTU, 85% of seats will be filled as per UPSEE score. In the rest of the 15% of seats, admission will be allowed to the NRI candidates and management quota candidates.
Apart from that, there will be vertical and horizontal reservations applicable in the available seats for admission via UPSEE scores.
AKTU had conducted all 8 papers of UPSEE in offline mode. Each question carried 4 marks. However, in B.Arch paper, each question carried 5 marks. No marks are deducted as negative marking for choosing incorrect answer.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) was previously known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University. The University provides affiliation to all colleges in UP. It affiliates courses like B.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B. Pharma, BHMCT, M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes in 756 government as well as private colleges/institutions. AKTU is also responsible to hold UPSEEE annually for admission in various UG, Integrated and lateral entry courses for admission. Voa the score of this state level entrance exam seats is allotted to the candidates via the centralised counselling conducted by Central Admission Board (CAB).