On Friday, Delhi High Court announced its verdict on various on-going National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test 2018 controversial topics. While HC agreed to the most of the requests, it has dismissed the proposal to remove age limit from the examination. The Delhi High Court has made it clear that for NEET 2018 the upper age limit is 25 years, for UR candidates, 30 years for SC / ST / OBC candidate.

Last year, the court removed the upper age bar amidst the protest and allowed all the candidates to be the part of the examination. However, this year, the sides have changed. The Bench of Justice, consisting of Sanjiv Khanna and Chander Shekhar, explained that the upper age limit clause is ‘legal and valid’ and hence is to be continued.

On the brighter side, the High Court has directed to abolish the clause pronouncing open school and private candidates ineligible for the exam. The release of NEET 2018 notification resulted in an uproar as dreams of thousands of NIOS and open / private board candidates seemed to shatter. What followed was extreme criticism towards MCI and the legal hearings.

“To this extent, the writ petitions challenging vires of proviso to clause 4 of the Regulations are dismissed…is struck down and declared unconstitutional“. Said the bench

Taking action within the time boundation, the court has finally given its verdict and the candidates are now relieved. Right to Education is applicable for every Indian. The Bench kept the same in mind and allowed open school candidates eligible for the exam. The Bench also said that the result for these candidates will also be announced with other candidates. The result of NEET 2018 is expected to be available by June 05, 2018.

Now that all is clear, candidates can relax a little. CBSE will issue NEET Answer Key soon. It can be used for cross-checking the answers and predicting the score in the examination. The unofficial answer key by coaching institutes is available right now. Candidates can use it to estimate the scores.

The admission through NEET will be granted on the basis of All Indian Rank, in the MCC counselling. The counselling will be conducted to fill 15% All Quota Seats but the remaining 85% seats will be filled through state counselling.

All the best to all the candidates who are waiting for NEET 2018 Result. We hope you qualify the exam and get admission in the desired course and college. If you have any questions or queries, comment below.

ATSE 2019 Scholarship Worth 12 Lac for Class 4 to Class 12 Apply Now!!


Comments are closed.