Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released the official notification for the TNPSC Group 2 on the official website, tnpsc.gov.in. As per the notification, the vacancies have been notified both for the interview and non-interview posts. The notification has invited 5413 vacancies for multiple posts. The application form commenced on February 23, 2022, and it shall end on March 23, 2022. The preliminary exam for TNPSC Group 2 is scheduled to be held on May 21, 2022, from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility
The minimum age limit for the TNPSC Group 2 exam is 18 years for all the categories whereas the upper age limit for the unreserved category is 32 years. The candidate must have completed their Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the discipline notified by the commission for a particular post. Additionally, the applicant is also required to be proficient in the Tamil Language.
TNPSC Group 2 Communal Reservation
- The distribution of final vacancies shall be dependent on the orders of Supreme Court of India filed by the Tamil Nadu government. Other than this, the information regarding MBC and non MBCS vacancies shall be subjected to special leave petition filed before the SC
- The commission has also notified that in case, 5% of the vacancies notified for Ex-servicemen category is not filled then the same shall be filled by the candidates who belong to communal category
- The relaxation in the age limit or exam fee is allowed only to canddiates who belong to SC/ST/MBC/BC category, destitute widow category etc only if they produce relevant category
- A reservation in the age limit of upto 10 years in case of person with benchmark disability is subjected for the candidate who belong to PWD category
- 3% of vacancies is deducted for Sports department.
TNPSC Group 2 Registration
Candidates who possess the basic qualification are required to fill out the application form of TNPSC Group 2 by following the steps given in the space below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of TNPSC, tnpsc.gov.in
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the OTR link and register by entering the details such as name, date of birth, parent’s name, communal category, SSLC details, address, etc.
Step 3: Next, upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed limit and move to the payment page.
Step 4: After this, pay the application fee as prescribed to their relevant category and submit the TNPSC Group 2 application form.
The prescribed size limit of the scanned copy of the photograph is 20 kb to 50 kb and the signature is 10 kb to 20 kb.
TNPSC Group 2 Application Fee
The one-time registration fee for TNPSC Group 2 is INR 150 whereas those who are already registered with the commission have to pay INR 100 for the preliminary exam. The application fee for appearing in the TNPSC Group 2 is INR 150.