Directorate of Government Examinations, Telangana has recently, introduced some changes in the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or Class 10 board exam 2022 paper pattern. An important notice regarding the same has been issued on the official website bse.telangana.gov.in. Accordingly, Class 10 students will be expected to only appear for 6 exams. Along with this, Urdu will be included as a second language for the upcoming board exams. Apart from these two major changes, the paper pattern is likely to remain same as last year. An overview of the changes introduced in Telangana Class 10 board exams 2022 is given below.
In 2021, the second-wave of COVID-19 brought in an influx of complications for education boards to conduct their Class 10 and 12 board exams. In case of Telangana, students were given a choice to appear for 6 papers. The same system will be continued for the second consecutive year in 2022. Before the outbreak of the pandemic, Class 10 students were expected to appear for 11 papers. However, to bring some relief to them under such troubling conditions, the board decided to reduce the number of papers. Necessary action will be taken to accommodate this change in the upcoming board exams.
The second major modification by board authorities is to include Urdu under the list of second languages. This was done with the sole intention of encouraging representation to benefit students. With the inclusion of Urdu, students will now have to choose between Hindi, Telugu and Urdu as their second language. This move is aimed at benefiting all those students who are appearing for Class 10 board exams for the academic year 2021-22.
To the delight of students, the Class 10 state board syllabus will remain the same as last year. For the academic year 2020-21, the syllabus for Class 10 students was reduced by 30%. They were expected to study only 70% portion for theory exams and internal assessments. Remaining 30% was to be studied for practicals and would have no role to play in any other component. Telangana state board had decided to reduce the syllabus to help students cope with the stress and pressure induced by the pandemic. This reduced syllabus will be applicable for the academic year 2021-22.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Class 10 board exams 2020-21 were cancelled and students were evaluated based on alternate assessment criteria. Even then, only 6 papers were considered for evaluation instead of 11. Assuming that India will not experience a third wave, board exams will be held in the brick and mortar fashion in 2022. Even then, students will have to appear for 6 papers only.