St. Stephen’s College, Delhi has recently made a crucial announcement regarding its undergraduate admissions for 2021. Unlike any other Delhi University (DU) college, St. Stephen’s follows a separate application process for admitting students to the college’s UG courses. In this regard, the college has stated that its application portal will open on August 05, 2021, Thursday. From that day onwards, the prospectus and application form will be made available to the students. The last date for the application is August 31, 2021.
The applicants will first have to register at Delhi University’s official portal du.ac.in and then complete the rest of the process at the college’s official portal, ststephens.edu. The registration process at du.ac.in for the undergraduate courses will start from August 02, 2021 and will continue till August 31, 2021. To begin with the registration process, candidates will first have to sign up on DU’s UG admission portal. Then, they have to complete the application process and pay the required registration fees. After getting the university registration number, students have to visit the St. Stephen’s UG portal where they need to register again using the DU registration number, email ID and date of birth. The candidates will then receive a verification email, using which they have to log in and complete filling up the application form followed by making the online payment.
Note that only those students who will complete their registration at the DU portal will be able to fill the St. Stephen’s application form 2021. DU has already commenced its admission process for the PG and other courses. However, the university is yet to release further information regarding its undergraduate admissions.
St. Stephen’s follows a different admission process. The cut-off that the college releases is very much separate from other DU colleges. Admission to the college is granted based on three factors. The college relies on 85% weightage on the Class 12 marks and the rest 15% weightage is based on both written tests and interviews.
The college offers a total of 10 UG and 9 PG programmes. Due to the prevailing Covid-19 situation, the written tests were discarded in 2020. As a result, the entire 15% weightage was given on interviews. This year, whether the written tests will be conducted or not, is yet to be confirmed by the college authorities. As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines, the academic calendar for the 2021-22 session is set to begin from October 01, 2021. St. Stephen’s application form for the PG admissions will be out after an official announcement.