National Testing Agency (NTA) has released National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2021 application form today, on July 13, 2021, at 5:38 pm. Students can now apply online via neet.nta.nic.in.
Yesterday, the newly appointed Education Minister of India, Dharmendra Prasad, announced the same via twitter. The time at which the online application form link will be active is 5 PM. Registration process will be online via the NTA websites.
The exam itself has been postponed to September 12, 2021, from its original date of August 1, 2021.
The official website of NEET UG 2021 is neet.nta.nic.in, and this is where the application form is available. It may be noted that ntaneet.nic.in is the old website of NEET UG exam, and the link to apply online for the 2021 version of the exam is not accessible there. However the link and notice for the form is available at nta.ac.in as well.
Key details to note while applying for NEET 2021, are documents required, how to apply, fees, eligibility, and such things. All of these shall be included in the information brochure, which too shall be available shortly.
The NEET application form 2021, as well as other announcements related to it are being covered here in the updates today.
NEET Application Form 2021: Do registration, apply online for NTA NEET UG at neet.nta.nic.in.
Direct link to apply: Click here
NEET 2021 Application Form: Last date to apply is 6 August, Correction from 8 August
The important dates for NEET application form 2021 submission are as follows:
- Last date to apply online – 6 August 2021, upto 11:50 pm
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking/UPI / Paytm Wallet – 7 August 2021 upto 11:50 PM
- Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the website only – 8 August 2021 to 12 August 2021
- Announcement of the City of Examination – 20 August 2021
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website – To be released 03 days before the Examination
NEET 2021 Application Form: Fill Registration Form Link Out
NEET 2021 Application Form: neet.nta.nic.in Website Updated, But Link To Apply Not Yet Available
Additional links, and important links section has been added on the website.
NEET 2021 Application Form: nta.ac.in Is Down
The official website nta.ac.in is down. It is showing this error – “The service is unavailable”. It is seemingly because of the sudden heavy traffic on the website.
NEET 2021 Application Form: All eyes on neet.nta.nic.in, ntaneet.nic.in, nta.ac.in; Link to apply not available yet
There are three official websites where NEET 2021 application form can release. They are, neet.nta.nic.in, ntaneet.nic.in, nta.ac.in.
At this moment, none of them have any link to apply online.
It is anticipated that registration shall start soon.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Link to apply online should be available in few minutes
The long wait for NEET UG 2021 application form is going to be over soon. NTA will soon provide the link to apply.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Direct Link for Registration To Release at neet.nta.nic.in @ 5 PM
The official website where NEET UG application form 2021 will be released is neet.nta.nic.in. At this moment, the website is devoid of any latest update.
When will NTA release NEET UG 2021 information brochure?
National Testing Agency (NTA) ought to release the NEET UG 2021 information brochure before candidates are given the apply online link. Reason being, that the brochure is crucial to understand eligibility criteria, registration process, and more such things which one should know before they fill the form. However until now, NTA has not released the brochure.
With 1 hour to go for the release of NEET 2021 application form, it is highly anticipated that NTA can release the brochure anytime soon.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Last Date to Apply, Correction Dates will be announced soon
Whereas the Education minister has announced that the application form of NEET 2021 will be available from today, 5 pm, the registration deadline has not been revealed. The same will be announced through the information brochure. Both last date to apply, and application form correction dates, will be made known then.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Age Limit Matter Still in Court
While the lower age limit for NTA NEET UG exam is 17 years, where the age is counted as on 31 December of the year of admission. The upper age limit matter is still in court. Per NMC norms, the upper age limit for NEET exam is 25 years for general category candidates, and those in reserved category get a 5 years relaxation. However until the matter is cleared up in court, candidates above age limit too are allowed to apply for the exam, and seek admission on the basis of it.
NEET 2021 Application Form: What are the documents required for registration?
The top query among medical aspirants today, is this – “What are the documents required for registration of NEET 2021?” Students looking for this are informed that they have to upload the following documents in the application form
- Passport size photograph
- Postcard size photograph
- Thumb impression
- Class 10 Certificate
- Category certificate
NEET 2021 Application Form: Postcard Size Photo Specifications
Candidates will have to upload a postcard photo also in the form. The size of the postcard size photo required for the NEET UG 2021 application form is 4 inches by 6 inches. When one goes to a photo studio to get the passport size photo clicked, they can ask the studio personnel to give the same in postcard size as well. However, do not resize the passport size photo to postcard size as that will distort the face.
The postcard photo also needs to be scanned, in JPEG or JPG format. And the file size of the saved document should be between 10kb to 200 kb.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Photo Requirements
Applicants need to upload photographs in the application form. Requirements of the photograph are as follows: –
|1||Passport Size Photograph||10-200 kb|
|2||Post Card Size Photograph (4″ x 6″)||10-200 kb|
In the photograph, 80% of the area should be dedicated to the face. The photo should have white background. Moreover, spectacles should be worn only if it student regularly uses glasses. Polaroid and computer generated photo are not acceptable. There is no need to attest the photos.
NEET 2021 Exam Centre List Will Release With Information Brochure
Education Minister has officially announced that for NEET 2021, the number of examination cities has been increased by 27%. Whereas earlier there used to be 155 cities where NEET was held, now it will be held in 198 cities.
Moreover, he has announced that the number of exam centers will be increased from the earlier number of 3862 centers.
The exact list of exam cities will be released with the information brochure. However the exam center list is not as such going to be released; NTA directly assigns the exam centers to candidates while issuing the admit cards.
When and where to fill NEET UG 2021 application form?
The exact time at which the NEET UG application form 2021 link will be activated has been announced as 5 PM. Therefore, all aspirants can start applying from that time.
The official website where the link to apply will be available is neet.nta.nic.in. In addition, notice for the same will be made available at nta.ac.in as well. The Education Minister may tweet about it too.
How to apply for NEET 2021?
The registration and online application form filling process comprises of four steps. They are as follows.
Step-1: Do NEET 2021 registration by entering email id, mobile number.
Step-2: Fill the NEET UG 2021 online application form, by entering all details asked in it, and note down the application number.
Step-3: Upload documents required including photograph, signature, thumb impression, class 10 certificate, and category certificate.
Step-4: Pay the application fee.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Application Fee
The application fee is Rs 1500 for all general candidates. It is Rs 1400 for general-ews, as well as OBC-NCL candidates. And the fee is Rs 800 for SC, ST, PWD, Transgender students. However do note that the processing charges, goods and services tax will have to be paid extra as per the bank, and payment gateway.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Things to prepare before filling the application form
Aspirants need to be prepared with the following before they click the apply online button at neet.nta.nic.in.
- Be ready with the information needed to fill in the NEET 2021 application form. This includes the following
- names of father / mother and candidate with correct spellings
- Any one of the following IDs – Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Passport number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Other valid Govt. Identity Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email id
- Other details as in the NEET 2021 application form replica
- NRIs should be ready with passport number, or last 4 digits of aadhar. Likewise foreign nationals should have passport number.
- Keep the scanned images of documents required for NEET 2021 ready. This includes passport size photo in 10-200 kb, post card size photo in 10-200 kb, signature in 4-30 kb, left hand thumb impression in 10-200 kb, class 10 pass certificate in pdf format in 50-300 kb. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD, EWS category should have relevant certificate in pdf format in 50-300 kb.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear in NEET UG 2021
In order to appear in the NEET UG 2021 exam, an aspirant must fulfill the following conditions:
|Minimum Age Limit||Student should be at least 17 years old as on 31 Dec 2021|
|Maximum Age Limit||25 Years as on the date of exam, with 5 years relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PWD (matter in court, read image below)|
|Qualifying Exam||Class 12 or equivalent of approved boards|
|Subjects in Qualifying Exam||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English|
|Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam for NEET||passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually |
and obtained at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination
|Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam for BAMS, BSMS, BUMS and BHMS||50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% Marks in the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes)|
NEET 2021 Application Form: Documents required to do registration and apply
Students need to upload the following documents in the NEET 2021 online application form:
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) in JPG/JPEG format (Size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
- Signature in JPG/JPEG format (size: 4 kb to 30 kb)
- Left hand thumb impression (In case of any eventuality of left hand thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.) in JPG/JPEG format (file size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Class X passed certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- PwD certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
NEET 2021 Application Form: Release date and time announced by Education Minister, Exam centres increased
Education Minister Dharmendra Prasad has announced the following important things about NEET exam:
- The NEET (UG) 2021 will be held on 12th September 2021 across the country following COVID-19 protocols. The application process will begin from 5 pm tomorrow through the NTA website(s).
- In order to ensure social distancing norms, number of cities where examination will be conducted has been increased from 155 to 198. The number of examination centres will also be increased from the 3862 centres used in 2020.
- To ensure adherence to COVID-19 protocols, face mask will be provided to all candidates at the centre. Staggered time slots during entry and exit, contactless registration, proper sanitisation, seating with social distancing etc. will also be ensured.
Here is an overview of NEET 2021 application form
|Name of exam||NEET UG 2021|
|Full form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Under Graduate|
|Full form of organizing body||National Testing Agency|
|NEET 2021 application form release date||13 Jul 2021|
|NEET 2021 application form release time||5 PM|
|NEET 2021 online application form direct link||Will be available|
|Documents required for NEET 2021||Scanned images of candidate’s latest |
1. passport size photograph (jpg/jpeg file size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
2. post card size photograph (4”x6”) (jpg/jpeg file size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
3. candidate’s signature (jpg/jpeg file size: 4kb – 30kb)
4. left hand thumb impression (jpg/jpeg file size: 10 kb-200 kb) (in case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.)
5. Class X pass certificate (pdf file size: 50 kb to 300kb)
6. category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.); (pdf file size: 50kb to 300KB)
7. PwD certificate (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb).
|Application fee||For general – Rs 1500|
For Gen-EWS, OBC- Rs 1400
For SC, ST, PWD, Transgender – Rs 800