Lower House of the Indian Parliament, Lok Sabha or the House of the People is inviting applications from eligible graduate and postgraduate candidates for internship of up to 11 months duration. The internship being dubbed as the Lok Sabha Training Program on Innovation, Research and Development will be conducted by the stated house of the parliament with the aim of providing interns with the opportunity to study and understand the procedural aspects of the working of the Indian Parliament.
Applications for the Lok Sabha Internship 2021 are invited till June 25. 2021 through provided email ID or by post in the prescribed format. However, as per reports, there are certain minimum eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled at first. As per reports, interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of up to Rs 25000 during their internship which can range from one to eleven months.
Eligibility for Lok Sabha Internship 2021
- All applicants must be citizens of India.
- Applicants must be within the age of 18 to 25 years as of June 09, 2021.
- Candidates must be holding a graduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline including law, finance, international relations, journalism, management, social science etc.
- Those who are pursuing professional courses and have already passed the first year of their course are also eligible to apply for Lok Sabha Internship 2021.
- Candidates holding work experience in any field including marketing, research, management counselling etc. will be preferred for the internship.
How to Apply for Lok Sabha Internship 2021
As per reports, there are two ways to apply for Lok Sabha Internship 2021. Candidates can either apply in the prescribed format through the email ID [email protected] or send a physical copy of their applications (as per the format) by post. Applications sent by post must be addressed to PRIDE, Room No. G-083, Ground Floor, PLB, New Delhi. One must also attach all necessary enclosures with the hard copy of their application form.
It may be noted that a Statement of Purpose of not more than 200 words must also be written and submitted by all applicants along with their application form for Lok Sabha Internship 2021. Candidates are advised to go through the official notification carefully before applying.
Roles and Responsibilities of Lok Sabha Internship 2021
The fundamental aim of the Lok Sabha Internship 2021 is to provide eligible candidates with the opportunity to understand the procedural aspects of the parliament of India. As per reports, the inducted interns will be expected to enhance PRIDE i.e. The Parliamentary Research & Training Institute for Democracies. The following roles and responsibilities will be included.
- Creation and database management of research papers in the field of legislation & development.
- Development of applications for the increased interface of MPs and their data & work.
- Generating research and preparation of analysis briefs for legislation.
- Track developments in various sectors and prepare & present analysis for Members of Parliament.