The National Testing Agency has concluded in the JEE Advanced 2021 Paper 2 today i.e. October 03, 2021, from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Earlier, in the first shift today, the JEE Advanced paper 1 was conducted.
As per the candidates, Physics emerged as the most difficult section in paper 2 as well, while Chemistry was the easier amongst all the subjects asked in the JEE Advanced 2021 paper 2. The candidates also found JEE Advanced paper 2 to be on the easier side as compared to the last year.
JEE Advanced Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Duration: 3 hours
Mode: Computer Based Test
Parts: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
|Section||Number of Questions||No. of Qs||Marking Scheme|
|Section 1||STEM Type (Integer Type)||6||+2, 0|
|Section 2||Multiple answer correct type||6||+4, -2|
|Section 3||Non-negative Integer based questions||3||+4,0|
|Section 4||Passage-based questions||4||+3, -1|
The JEE Advanced Paper 2 was also held for 57 questions accounting for a total of 180 marks similar to paper 1. There were 6 questions from the multiple type choice, 4 questions from a single type, 6 integer types and 2 passage-based questions. Passage based questions found a place in Paper 2 with the paragraphs being lengthy and time-consuming. The candidates could not find any negative marking in the examination.
Also Read: JEE Advanced 2021 Paper 1 Analysis
JEE Advanced 2021 Paper 2 Student’s reaction
- The paper 2 was relatively more difficult than the paper 1
- No question was asked from Modern Physics
- Most of the questions in the Chemistry paper from the Physical chemistry and it was comparatively easier than the organic and inorganic section. Out of inorganic and organic, the organic topic in chemistry had more questions
- In the Physics section, questions were difficult and maximum questions were from class 12th syllabus
- For the mathematics section, 2 questions each were from 3D Geometry, Matrices and determinants, Differential equation and Probability. No questions were asked from the AOD section. The questions in the Integration topic were very lengthy and difficult to solve.
Paper 1 was moderate however the paper 2 was difficult in all respects. In Physics, the questions were of high difficulty level and the ratio of questions from both class 11 and 12 was 50:50. While for the chemistry section, the questions were doable and fewer questions were asked from the Inorganic section.
The NTA will release the JEE Advanced 2021 result for both paper 1 and paper 2 soon on the official website. Last year, the exam was conducted on September 27, 2020, and the result was announced on October 05, 2020. With this, we can speculate that the JEE Advanced 2021 result will be out by October 12, 2021.
All those who are successful in the JEE Advanced exam 2021 will be eligible to be called for the counselling session conducted by JOSAA. On successfully qualifying the same, they will be eligible to take admission in top IITs of India.