Varsha Gaikwad, the Education Minister of Maharashtra State has announced that FYJC CET 2021 (First Year Junior College Common Entrance Test) will be conducted on August 21, 2021, from 11:00 am to 01:00 pm. FYJC CET 2021 will be conducted for all the candidates of different boards across India who want to get admission to the 11th class in the colleges affiliated with the Maharashtra Board. This exam is an optional exam and it is not at all mandatory for all the candidates.
Here are the 6 important points that all aspiring students must know about the FYJC CET 2021:
- FYJC CET 2021 will be held in an offline mode. Candidates have to attempt the exam on the OMR sheet.
- The exam will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of 100 marks.
- The question paper of FYJC CET 2021 will be available in 8 different mediums such as English, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannad, Urdu, Sindhi, Telugu, and Hindi.
- Those candidates who are from Semi-english medium will be given the question paper in the English language for the subjects such as Mathematics, Science & Technology, and English whereas the question papers of subjects like History, Political Science, and Geography will be given in the Marathi language.
- The questions will be asked from subjects like English, Maths (Part 1 & Part 2), Science and Technology (Part 1 & Part 2), and Social Sciences (History, Political Science and Geography). From each of these subjects, 25 questions will be asked in FYJC CET 2021.
- Due to the covid-19 pandemic, Maharashtra State Board has reduced the 10th class syllabus by 25%. So, the part of the syllabus that was omitted will not be asked in FYJC CET 2021. To know more about the syllabus, candidates can read the official notification.
Maharashtra State Board has released the application form for FYJC CET 2021 on its official website cet.mh-ssc.ac.in. Interested candidates can fill and submit the FYJC CET 2021 application form till July 27, 2021. Candidates can follow below simple steps to apply for FYJC CET 2021:
- Candidates have to visit the official website cet.mh-ssc.ac.in.
- Upon reaching the website, click on the “Apply” link.
- After clicking on the link, candidates will be redirected to the new page where they have to fill in the details such as their 10th class registration number, mother’s name, email id, taluka, district, state, etc.
- After filling in all this information, candidates can submit their application form.
Depending upon the taluka and district filled by the candidates, exam centers will be allotted to them. Candidates who passed SSC 2021 exam under Maharashtra State Board are exempted from paying the application fee whereas candidates who passed the SSC 2021 exam from other boards such as CBSE, ICSE, CISCE, or any other international boards will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 178. Candidates can pay the application fee through any of the online payment modes i.e. either from net banking, debit card, or credit card. The organizing authority will soon release the e-admit card for FYJC CET 2021 exam.