Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct the Class 12 Political Science Term 1 2021-22 exam tomorrow, December 17, 2021. This will be the second-last term I exam for the Humanities Stream, followed by History that is scheduled on December 20, 2021. Tomorrow’s paper will be held from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, giving students 90 minutes to attempt and complete the entire paper. The exam will be entirely objective-based. This implies that students will have to mark the right option in their answer sheets.
With less than 24 hours left for the exam, students need to be thorough with the CBSE Class 12 Political Science Term 1 syllabus as well as questions in the sample paper. To help them boost their last-minute preparation, important details and links for students can be found below.
CBSE Class 12 Political Science Sample Paper
Earlier this year, CBSE introduced a new paper pattern to evaluate Class 10 and 12 students. Accordingly, the Term I exam will contain only 50% of the reduced syllabus along with an objective-based pattern. Term 2 exam will cover the remaining 50% portion in a theory-based pattern.
To help students understand the new exam pattern, CBSE also released sample papers and a marking scheme for each paper. As observed in previous exams, solving the CBSE Class 12 Political Science 2021-22 sample paper will help students in two aspects – 1. Understanding the paper pattern and 2. Quick last-minute practice.
Following are the links to access the sample paper and marking scheme for the CBSE Class 12 Political Science 2021-22 examination:
|CBSE Class 12 Political Science Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CBSE Class 12 Political Science Marking Scheme||Click Here|
CBSE Class 12 Political Science Syllabus
The central education board decided to retain the reduced syllabus for the current academic year 2021-22. So, students are expected to study 70% of the syllabus, discarding the remaining 30% of the portion. Additionally, this reduced syllabus has further, been bifurcated into two terms- Term I and Term II. So effectively, students need to only study 35% of the syllabus for tomorrow’s CBSE Class 12 Political Science 2021-22 examination.
Following are the chapters based on which questions are expected to feature in tomorrow’s exam:
Part A: Contemporary World Politics
- Cold War Era and Non–aligned Movement
- The End of Bipolarity
- United Nations and its Organizations
Part B: Politics in India Since Independence
- Challenges of Nation-Building
- Planning and Development
- India’s Foreign Policy
Students can also go through the last-minute MCQ marathon to check their preparedness for the Political Science exam tomorrow. Below are a list of video links that provide important MCQs and apt solutions with explanations:
|MCQ Videos||Direct Link|
|Cold War MCQs by Simran Sahni||Click Here|
|Unacademy Humanities||Click Here|
|Magnet Brains||Click Here|
|UNO by Eklavya Study Point||Click Here|
The CBSE Class 12 Political Science 2021-22 paper will cover a total of 60 questions out of which, a student needs to attempt at least 50 questions to score the perfect 40/40 figure. So, each question has been allotted 0.8 marks without any negative marking for unanswered/incorrect attempts.