The CBSE is expected to make an official announcement regarding the CBSE Class 10th Re-Exam final dates on the official website i.e. cbse.nic.in soon. According to the press release by CBSE, the re-exam will be held between August 16, 2021, to September 15, 2021. The exact dates will be notified by the board soon. The board has declared the Class 10th exam result for the 2021 session on August 03, 2021. However, with the release of the exam, a lot of students complained about getting low marks in the examination.
For the year 2021, the pass percentage of students stands at 99.04% while the result of around 16,000 students is under process. The re-exam is usually held for the students who are unsatisfied with the marks they get in the final exam on the basis of internal evaluation.
The board has not yet released the final date sheet regarding the conducting of the Class 10th re-exam, yet it has provided a timeline for the same. However, not all students who have appeared for CBSE Class 10th exam can apply and appear for this exam. The candidates who satisfy the basic eligibility criteria are only allowed to participate in this exam. The candidates can check out the basic key points related to the eligibility criteria on the basis of the press release available on the website:
- The candidates who have received the Class 10th result as a pass but not are satisfied with the same.
- The students who have participated in the improvement exam of the 2020 session held in September and have not cleared the same can also apply for the examination.
- The private candidates whose assessment details cannot be found by the board are eligible to apply and appear for the Class 10th re-exam.
- The students can appear for the re-exam only for a maximum of two subjects in the Class 10th exam.
- If a Class 10th candidate has received the result status as Pass after replacing the compulsory subject shall also be eligible to appear in the failed subject under the improvement of the performance category.
The process of appearing for the Class 10th re-exam is very simple and the candidates are usually required to fill the re-exam form as released by the CBSE board. Post this, the board reviews the application form and then releases the admit card for all those candidates whose application form is accepted by the board. The syllabus for the subjects in the re-exam is the same for the subjects that are asked in the Class 10th exam.
According to the Class 10th, final result declared on August 03, 2021, around 21,50,608 students appeared for the examination. Out of this, 21,13,767 regular candidates and 36,841 private candidates applied for the exam. The overall pass percentage was 99.04% marks. While in the examination the Girl students have surpassed the marks of the boys. The pass percentage of girls stands at 99.24% while the same for boys is 98.89%.