The Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) will be conducting the Common Admission Test or CAT 2021 tomorrow, i.e. November 28, 2021. Admit cards for examination are now available on the official website, iimcat.ac.in. Those candidates who haven’t downloaded the hall tickets should do so at the earliest. With less than a day left for CAT 2021, candidates are now heading towards the final stages of preparation.
Although revision is very important now, it is advised to do whatever the candidates deem necessary for effective preparation. To help them, here are five important and critical tips that the examinees can follow to secure the much-coveted 100 percentile.
- Start by revising the algebra and arithmetic portions from the Quantitative Aptitude (QA) section. Also, try to solve at least one model question paper. However, while doing so, try to attempt all the questions. Nonetheless, if one finds any question difficult, then do not sit with it and move on to the next one.
- The logical reasoning portion from the DILR section can have some new and unseen questions. Hence, during revision, do not stick by the sets that seem familiar. Go beyond that and solve the previous year’s question papers as that usually helps in proper set selection.
- While doing revision, emphasize memorizing the percentages, cubes, fractions, squares, etc. Experts are of the opinion that candidates should be able to do mental calculations as much as they can. So focus on that and use a calculator only if required.
- Do the last-minute reading as well. Lookup for articles that are related to Politics, History, etc. This is a very helpful practice that strengthens the Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension or VARC section. Importantly, aspirants who belong to the Science background must put more emphasis on this.
- Even if there is limited time left now, it is still advised to attempt mock tests. Candidates must keep in mind that they should analyze the mock tests without fail to check their performance. Other than that, work on calculations as it not only helps in the QA questions but also data interpretations.
Now, keep in mind that even at this stage of preparation, candidates may require some conceptual clarity. For that, one can go through the YouTube videos that have been uploaded by various coaching institutes and subject experts. In case one finds any concept bewildering, then do not hesitate to re-watch the video. CAT 2021 is an exam that requires candidates to know the importance of time management. So, do everything that is required and ace the exam.