The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) is all prepared to declare the Higher Secondary results today. The results will announced officially via a press conference at 3 pm at Rabindra Milan Mancha, situated at the Vidyasagar Bhavan of the Council.
Shortly after the presser, the board will activate the links to check HS results on the official website wbresults.nic.in from 4 PM onwards. In addition to the official website, students can check their results from 9 other websites. Some of these sites include exametc.com, results.shiksha, indiaresults.com, jagranjosh.com, abpananda.abplive.in, etc.
Alternately, students can pre-register on exametc.com with their roll numbers and mobile numbers to get an SMS of their results right after they are out.
Students can also download the results.shiksha app on their phones to seamlessly check their results. In case a student wants to check their results only via SMS, then they can do so by typing ‘WB12space<Roll number>’ and then sending it to 5676750 to get their results from indiaresults.com. They can also type ‘WB12space<Roll number>’ and send it to 56263 to get an SMS of their results from news18bangla.com. Likewise one can type ‘WB12space<Roll number>’ and send it to 56070 to get an SMS of their results from exametc.com.
This year, the Board adopted a new assessment pattern for evaluating the class 12 students. Scores from class 10 results have been given 40% weightage while the rest 60% weightage has been given to class 11 final scores and the practical and theory examinations that were held for class 12. However, only the top 4 scoring subjects from Class 10 will be taking into account during the evaluation.
The madhyamik and uchcha madhyamik examinations of the West Bengal State Board were supposed to be held in June, but they had to be cancelled due to the rising Covid-19 cases in the state. The decision not to hold exams came after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee received multiple feedbacks from the guardians and teachers from various educational institutions. For the madhyamik, i.e. class 10th, results were recently announced.
Last year, the WB HS results were declared on July 17 and the pass percentage crossed over 90. There was only a marginal difference between the pass percentage of boys and girls. Statistically, 90.44% boys and 90.03% girls could clear the examinations successfully. In 2020, a total of 7,75,364 students had registered for the WB HS examination while 7,61,583 students actually appeared for it. Out of the total appearing students, only 6,80,057 students could clear the examination. However, no merit list was announced last year.