The Higher Secondary (HS) results for the West Bengal Board is going to be announced today at 3 PM. The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) will first declare the results at a press conference followed by the publication of results on all official and private websites from 4 PM onwards. Students awaiting their results can check the same via these websites, SMS facility and mobile app once the results are available online.
Although the official website wbresults.nic.in will remain available to check the results, students can visit other websites like exametc.com, indiaresults.com, jagranjosh.com, results.shiksha to see their scores.
The results.shiksha website is also available as an app. Candidates can follow the steps given below to get the result through app:
Step 1- The app can be downloaded from Play Store, which is named ‘WBCHSE Results 2021’.
Step 2- After downloading the app, students have to register themselves using their phone numbers and name followed by their class.
Step 3- Now, they have to click on the tab ‘Latest Results’ and fill up the details to check their results.
In most cases, students have to use their HS registration number to check the results. The score cards will contain details like student’s name, registration number, date of birth, marks obtained in each subject, total marks and the qualifying status of the candidate.
Due to the prevailing Covid-19 situation, this year, the Heads and representatives of all educational institutions across West Bengal have to collect the marksheets and other relevant documents from the allotted distribution camps on July 23, 2021 from 11 AM onwards. Altogether, there are 52 distribution camps that are controlled by 4 regional offices of the WBCHSE. The institutes are further instructed to distribute the same to the guardians and students as early as possible by adhering to the Covid-19 protocols. Note that the results that will be available online are only provisional.
There will be no publication of merit lists this year. Since the HS examinations were not conducted this year due to the rising Covid-19 cases in West Bengal, the Board has decided upon a 40:60 formula to evaluate the students. As per this formula, 40% weightage will be based on the best of four subjects from the Class 10 examination. The remaining 60% weightage will rely on Class 11 final exams and the internal assessments that were conducted during Class 12.
According to the 2020 result statistics, 90.13% students have cleared the HS examinations. For the boys, the pass percentage was 90.44 while the girls stood with a pass percentage of 90.03. Soon after the release of the results, the process for admitting students to the various undergraduate courses in the state will start. Further details regarding the same will be published in due course of time.