After conducting the UGC NET 2020 exam for the first two days, the National Testing Agency has released the admit cards for subsequent exam dates of September 29 & 30, 2020 and October 01, 2020. NTA is conducting the UGC NET 2020 exam sporadically from September 24, 2020, to November 13, 2020. Unofficial answer keys of exams that are already held are published by various coaching institutes. Those who are waiting to appear in the exam on September 29 & 30, 2020 and October 01, 2020, have to download the admit cards from the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in. In addition, there is a bucket list of SOPs and exam day guidelines that candidates need to follow.
Things To Carry For UGC NET 2020 Exam on Sep 29 & 30 and Oct 01, 2020
While specific items have been banned by the NTA from the UGC NET 2020 exam hall, there are certain items that must be carried to the exam hall. The foremost of such items is the admit card. It is available at the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in and can be downloaded by logging in to the website before the exam.
Secondly, candidates must also carry a valid photo identity proof e.g. Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence etc. for the verification of identity before entry to the exam hall. In addition, NTA has also directed candidates to carry own transparent ballpoint pen, additional photographs, personal hand sanitizer and transparent water bottle.
SOPs for UGC NET 2020 Exam on Sep 29 & 30 and Oct 01, 2020
Exams in the time of COVID-19 pandemic are being held with extreme precaution and preventive measures. Candidates have to submit an undertaking regarding the same before they can download the admit card. After downloading the admit card, another undertaking must also be signed on the hard copy. Candidates have to acknowledge that they are not symptomatic, have not been in close contact with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients and provide recent travel history.
In addition, the following SOPs and general exam day guidelines related to UGC NET 2020 exam must be strictly adhered to.
- Candidates must cover their face using a mask and carry their own hand sanitizer to avoid physical contact with others.
- Carry own water bottle and refrain from sharing such items with others. Do not forget to pay heed to physical distancing norms.
- Exam shift commencement time, reporting time, exam date & exam centre are indicated on the UGC NET Admit Card 2020. One must be punctual and strictly obey such timings.
- No baggage is allowed inside the exam hall. NTA does not take any liability for loss of personal belongings from the exam centre.
- Textual materials, calculators, slide rules, log table, electronic watches, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, pager & other electronic devices are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Shoes with thick soles and garments with big buttons are not allowed in the UGC NET 2020 exam hall.
- Those who have to carry metallic items including Kara and Kirpan have to report to the centre at least one and a half hour before entry is closed.
- Candidates appearing for the exam are not allowed to leave the hall before the entire duration is over.
- Rough sheets, if used, must be handed over to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
Answer Keys of UGC NET 2020 Exam
Official answer keys of UGC NET 2020 will be available soon after the exam for all the subjects is over. However, unofficial answer keys of the exams already conducted on September 24 & 25, 2020 are available. These are released by various coaching institutes and academic mentors right after the exam.
Although unofficial answer keys are memory-based, candidates can refer to these to roughly estimate the raw scores. These are available immediately after the exam shift is over on platforms like YouTube. For more details on marking scheme, exam pattern and other updates of UGC NET 2020, visit the official website.