Teachers Recruitment Board Tripura has launched Tripura TET online application 2019 at trb.tripura.gov.in today, on April 30, 2019. Interested and eligible aspirants can register online. Clearing the exam is minimum criteria in order to become eligible for getting teacher jobs in the state. Here are 5 things that you should know.
1. Eligibility criteria for Tripura TET 2019 has been relaxed. In the Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by state government of Tripura for the purpose of determining eligibility for teacher appointments in the state, following educational qualification holders will also be eligible for 2 years, 2 months, 17 days. This is in accordance with sub-paragraph (iii) of paragraph 5 of the TET guidelines issued by the NCTE vide its letter dated 11th February, 2011
- Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least fifty per cent marks, for classes I to V; or
- Graduation, for classes I to VIII.
Further to this, it is responsibility of State Government and other school managements to ensure that such teachers who do not have minimum educational qualification as per NCTE’s notification dated 23 August, 2010, those teachers must get that qualification within 2 years. Until they get that qualification, they will be treated as trainee teachers.
As per NCTE’s notification dated 23 August, 2010, candidates must possess following minimum qualification:
- two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) for appointment of a teacher in classes I-V; and
- one-year Bachelors in Education (B. Ed) for appointment of a teacher in classes VI to VIII.
This relaxation was provided when State Government had informed MHRD of 12,222 vacancies including 6276 vacancies of Under Graduate (Elementary) teachers as on January 1 of last year. They said that they had been requesting TRBT for selecting candidates. However this could not happen since there were not enough qualified candidates in state.
Tripura has 4 DIETs (district institute of education and training) with 480 seats, and 2 College of Teacher Education with 650 seats.
2. Registration fee is Rs 300 for UR category candidates, and Rs 200 for SC / ST / PH candidates. Mode of fee payment is online through credit card, debit card, net banking.
3. Kokborok has been introduced as an alternative of Bengali as Language 2 in Tripura TET 2019 Paper 1 and Paper 2. Kokborok is a Sino-Tibetan native language with around 1 million native speakers. It is common in Tripura.
4. Fresh registration is compulsory for Tripura TET Online Application 2019. If candidates have old registrations on trb.tripura.gov.in, then also they have to register once more. Previous registration numbers shall not work for Tripura TET 2019.
5. Teachers Recruitment Board Tripura will announce exam date along with admit card of Tripura TET 2019. Candidates should keep their registration number and password safely for this purpose.
Reference: Relaxation under section 23(2) of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory
Education (HTE) Act, 2009 for the State of Tripura (read here).