The National Capital Region, encompassing Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Noida, is reportedly home to more than 300 engineering colleges. Students who thus wish to pursue higher studies in the engineering and technology domain in Delhi NCR, have quite a handful of choices.
Though with more options, come the important task of choosing the right option. And herein, knowing the list of top colleges is a key factor.
When it comes to ranking, again, a number of rankings exist for engineering colleges. Here, is a list of the top engineering colleges in Delhi NCR based on some of the most reputed rankings.
As per NIRF India Rankings, here is the list of top Engineering colleges in Delhi-NCR.
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (02)
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (145)
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi (28)
- Delhi Technological University (36)
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (56)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi (86)
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology, Delhi (76)
- YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad (120)
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies, Faridabad (174)
- The North Cap University, Gurgaon (110)
- National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship & Management, Sonipat (121)
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida (96)
The above is as per NIRF engineering ranking 2020-21. The NIRF engineering ranking 2021-22 is yet to release.
As per QS World University Rankings 2021, here is the list of top institutions in Delhi and NCR, that offer engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (193)
- University of Delhi (501-510)
- O.P Jindal Global University, Sonipat(651-700)
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi (751-800)
- Amity University, Noida(1001+)
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi (1001+)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (N/A)
As per Times Higher Education Rankings 2021, here is the list of top institutions in Delhi and NCR, that offer engineering
- Banaras Hindu University (601-800)
- University of Delhi (601-800)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (601-800)
- Jamia Milia Islamia (601-800)
- Jamia Hamdard University (801-1000)
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (601-800)
- Delhi Technological University (801-1000)
- Amity University (1001+)
Choosing an institute from among such diverse choices to apply for admission may be confusing at times. Some of the factors that students consider include – whether the engineering branch of their choice is available or not, and whether they can get admission their as per their rank, fees, placements, faculty reviews, research as well as career opportunities.
Admission to most of these institutions is based on JEE Mains and/or Advanced. However a few hold their separate engineering entrance exams.
As far as JEE Main 2021 is concerned, the NTA is holding the exam, after which IIT Kharagpur will conduct the JEE Advanced 2021. NTA has already conducted the first two sessions of the JEE Mains in February & March this year. However, the April & May session exams were postponed by the Agency and are yet to be conducted at the national level. Based on JEE Main rank, qualifying candidates can get admission to B.Tech programs in institutes across the nation.
Editor’s note – It may be noted that some institutions do not participate in ranking processes. Therefore, you may find some names to be missing, despite their reputation. Before applying, students and their guardians are recommended to do a thorough research and analysis in order to take an informed decision.