SRM Institute of Science and Technology will be conducting phase 1 of SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) 2022. The main test will be conducted in the online mode today and tomorrow, i.e. January 08 and 09. As per the official website – srmist.edu.in, the test will be held from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM on both days.
Candidates who have applied for the test have to appear for the test via the remote proctored mode, i.e. from the convenience of their location. It must be noted that those candidates who have already appeared for the mock test using the Safe Exam Browser (SEB) will be scheduled to appear for the main test. Detailed instruction regarding how to install the SEB has been given on the official website. After logging in to the browser, the test will start automatically as per the scheduled time.
How to appear for SRMJEEE 2022?
Those candidates who have already appeared for the mock test must note that their login details have already been captured that will now be used for the smooth conduct of the main test. Although the main SRMJEEE 2022 will be held for a duration of 150 minutes, candidates are expected to log in at least 60 minutes before the test for capturing photographs and checking instructions.
- Once the test has started, the candidate will not be allowed to quit the test for the first 120 minutes.
- A question will appear on the screen and the candidate has to answer it or skip the same. However, after moving on to the next question, they will not be able to go back to the previous one.
- There will be a quit password given in the instruction manual that has to be entered after completing the test.
Points to take note
Right before the commencement of the SRMJEEE 2022 test, the webcam will be activated automatically. Although the examination will be conducted in the online mode, there will be an invigilator who will monitor every action of the candidate using an AI engine. Other than that:
1. Candidates must ensure that they have a good working computer that has the right specifications as mentioned on srmist.edu.in.
2. The computer must be placed in such a way that the candidate’s back is facing the wall and there are no devices in the background.
3. The room must be quiet with no background noise. Only the candidate should be present.
4. There should be proper lighting so that the candidate’s face is clearly visible.
5. Lastly, one must ensure that they are dressed formally and the candidate should tie their hair in case they have long hair.