The Directorate of Matriculation Schools, Tamil Nadu has released the online application forms for admission to private schools under the Right to Education Act, 2009. Interested parents and guardians must note that the application process has already begun and will continue till May 18, 2022. All application forms have to be submitted via the official website – rte.tnschools.gov.in. One can also check the list of schools from the same website by entering their entering names of districts or schools.
RTE TN Application Form
The entire application form has to be filled in over five stages. Parents or guardians will first have to fill in personal details, parent details, address details, upload documents and lastly, select schools. Although the soft copies of the documents have to be uploaded while filling up the application forms, the hard copies of the same need to be submitted to the schools at the time of admission. For reference purposes, the direct link to fill out the application form has been attached below.
Click Here for RTE TN Application Form 2022-23
It is not mandatory to fill out the application in a single go. One can enter details for a particular stage and save the entries. Later on, they can proceed to fill out the details for the remaining stages within the closing date. However, to resume application, one will need to enter the application number and password. A list of contact numbers has also been given district-wise to clear out any queries or doubts.
To be eligible for LKG, the student must have been born between August 01, 2018, to July 31, 2019. Similarly, the eligibility requirement for the 1st standard mandates the student to be born between August 01, 2016 to July 31, 2017. While filling out the RTE TN school admission 2022-23 application form, some essential documents will be required which have been mentioned below.
- Applicant’s photograph
- Birth certificate
- Aadhar or ration card of the parent or guardian
- Income certificate for candidates belonging to weaker section
- Community certificate for candidates from disadvantage group
- Disadvantaged group special category certificate
- The applicant’s photo should have a width of 150 px and height of 175 px and the image should not exceed the size of 100 KB.
- The birth proof of the student and parent ID must be in JPG/JPEG format having a maximum size of 1 MB.
- Parents and guardians should go through the list of competent authorities from whom the certificates have to be issued.