MHRD Minister, Dr. Ramesh Nishank Pokhriyal has tweeted that NTA is going to declare NEET 2020 today at its official website, ntaneet.nic.in. He further wished all the best to the students who are waiting for the results. 14.25 lakh candidates appeared for NEET 2020 entrance exam held in pen-paper mode on September 13, 2020. Furthermore, NTA conducted NEET Phase 2 on October 14 for candidates for COVID-19 positive candidates and those who resided in containment zones.
To check the result, aspirants had to visit the official of the entrance exam at ntaneet.nic.in. On the homepage of the website, click on the relevant link for checking the result. After this, candidates have to log in by entering details like their roll number and date of birth / password. After this, click on the submit button after which the result is displayed on the screen.
Along with the result, NTA also releases final NEET 2020 answer key. It is prepared by NTA based on the objections submitted by the candidates in the provisional answer key. It is also used in the preparation of the result and candidates can use it to cross-check their answers to calculate their score.
Those who qualify NEET can take admission in various UG medical programmes like MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, BNYS, B.V.Sc and AH courses. The entrance exam had to a total of 720 marks and included 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) with 45 questions in each section.
Last year, Nalin Khandelwal from Rajasthan topper NEET entrance exam by obtaining a score of 701 out of 720. This year, Allen Institute has claimed that one of their student, Soyeb Aftab has scored a perfect 720 as per the OMR sheet released. If something like this happens, it will make a history as no one has got a perfect score in NEET.
In the result, NTA will also provide All India Quota rank, and category rank as well. The merit list as prepared by NEET will be then used by states for admission to 85% seats in the state-run medical colleges. Through NEET 2020, candidates will be offered admission in 80,055 MBBS (medicine) 26,949 BDS (dentistry) seats in state medical colleges. As per the reports, there are 1,205 MBBS seats in the 15 All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) taken together, and the two campuses of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) have 200. Furthermore, there are 52,720 seats in total for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Sowa Rigpa (AYUSH) courses and 525 in veterinary medicine and allied courses.
After NTA has declared NEET result 2020, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), will start counselling for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats and the counselling for the rest of 85% state quota seats in government and private dental, medical colleges in the states, is conducted by designated state bodies.