Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has released the important notice regarding the pending NEET UG and PG counselling round. On January 07, 2022, the Supreme Court gave the much-awaited judgement regarding the pending reservation policy. Soon after the orders were passed, MCC released the official notice on its official portal, mcc.nic.in notifying that the counselling phase for the NEET exams shall begin soon.
After a long argument, a bench presided by justices DY Chandrachud and AS Bopanna finally ordered that this year 27% reservation shall be considered for the OBC category and 10% for the EWS quota. While giving the directives, the court said that there is an urgency in commencing the counselling process as a lot of time is wasted.
As per the order released, the final hearing regarding the EWS criteria will be conducted in the third week of March 2022. Commenting on its decision, the bench said that, with this decision, we are going to benefit at least 1500 OBC AND 550 EwS students in NEET UG and 2500 OBC students in postgraduation and 1000 EWS students in postgraduation.
Now, as the major hindrance for the NEET counselling has been removed, the candidates are gearing up for the counselling round that is expected to begin on January 10, 2022. Although, the board has not officially announced anything but a lot of media reports are suggesting that we may get to see the counselling rounds from this date onwards.
The counselling registration shall now commence soon and all those who have secured NEET ranking equivalent to that of AIQ level can apply. NEET Counselling for UG courses is going to be held at least 15% for the AIQ level and the remaining 85% for the state-based medical colleges.
At the same time, at least 6,102 medical colleges and 649 hospitals are expected to participate in the NEET PG counselling 2021. As of today, around 9,953 seats in MD, 10,821 seats in Master of Surgery (MS), 1,979 seats in PG Diploma and 1,338 DNB CET are lying vacant with the medical colleges that shall be filled with the students who have qualified for the NEET PG 2021 examination.