With the difficulty levels of Bridge Courses increased, candidates were admitted to B.E/B.tech program under the Lateral Level Category is unable to complete their degree. To resolve this, many candidates registered their plea to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), requesting to increase the number of attempts allowed for Bridge Courses. The officials at VTU considered this “plea” by consulting several senior faculties and came to a unanimous decision of providing students with an “additional two attempts to clear the Bridge Courses” thus saving their degree.
Before granting this, VTU officials placed some conditions, and students who follow them will be allowed to use the “2 additional chances” provided by the VTU.
Following this, Karnatak minister Dr Ashwathnarayan CN notified an additional 2 attempts for BTU students to clear the bridge course via a tweet.
The conditions are as follows:
- Candidates who have been admitted under the Lateral Entry Scheme until academic year 2013-14 will be allowed to use this benefit.
- Candidates who have cleared all subjects and have finished the entire program except the “Bridge Courses” will be granted these additional attempts.
- For each attempt, an examination fees of Rs. 2000 is to paid by all candidates who are eligible.
- Students who haven’t completed the course or have backlog in other subjects won’t be eligible.
- A further notification will be released regarding the schedule of this examination by Registrar (Eval), VTU.
- Applicable to all autonomous colleges under VTU.
The university will ensure that candidates receive proper notification regarding further details of the additional attempts, 6 months before the date of the test. Till then, candidates are requested to keep studying and try and clear out the “Bridge Courses” in their current attempts.