Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is going to be administered from this year onwards for at least 42 universities. National Testing Agency is the convenor of the CUCET 2022 examination. Leading reports suggest that CUCET may be held in June 2022 across the country in 13 languages. Additionally, the official brochure is expected to be released in the upcoming week of February.
As of now, there is no finalization of the exam pattern or subject of the line on which the examination shall be held. However, rumors suggest that the exam shall be held as a computer-based test with syllabus equivalent to the senior secondary syllabus. The examination is going to have two sections, Aptitude test, and discipline-specific. The number of questions, marking scheme and other details shall be announced in the due course. Another important update that is coming is that for admission, 70 to 75% weightage shall be given to the board exam and the rest 25% weightage shall be given to the marks scored in CUCET.
CUCET 2022 was expected to be implemented from the 2021 session itself. However, it was postponed amid the rise in the cases of the pandemic. This examination has been formalized to provide admission to candidates in different central universities i.e. Delhi University, BHU, University of Hyderabad, etc. The marks scored in the entrance test will be helpful in drawing the merit list for the successful candidates.
The major purpose of introducing CUCET 2022 was to ensure transparency and fairness amongst the university entrance tests. These universities tests were not other state board friendly hence, to make sure that no deserving candidate is left behind a model of the common test was devised by the central government. For fulfilling this purpose, the government has decided to appoint a committee that is going to study the syllabus of different state boards and then come up with a common test structure.